• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
7.06 am, just got back from walking the mutt and I'm craving lemon meringue pie for breakie...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Tax and power officials in Canada, want bank accounts (Canadian Bank Accounts) for transfer to pay bills

Open a Canadian bank account, transfer money throughout wise or similar from US bank to Canadian bank. Job done.

Most of our money comes from british investments paid into british banks, once a month we gather together what we need and move it to our French bank.

All bills and tax are paid from the french bank.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Open a Canadian bank account, transfer money throughout wise or similar from US bank to Canadian bank. Job done.

Most of our money comes from british investments paid into british banks, once a month we gather together what we need and move it to our French bank.

All bills and tax are paid from the french bank.

Can't get to Canada to open an account, border closed, Covid restrictions. Well, actually I can get to Canada, the Canadian border is open. However the American border is not...so I might not be able to get back.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This makes no sense..... I can open a bank account in Canada, with a bank that has branches in America. But I cannot open a bank account in America (the same banks) and access it in Canada

You expect sense? That's not a win.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Can't get to Canada to open an account, border closed, Covid restrictions. Well, actually I can get to Canada, the Canadian border is open. However the American border is not...so I might not be able to get back.

Phones and post still work both ways. We opened our french bank account by phone and mail when we still lived in England.

Wu Wei

Phones and post still work both ways. We opened our french bank account by phone and mail when we still lived in England.

Can't open a Canadian bank account by phone, have to open in person..... they do not make it easy.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Can't open a Canadian bank account by phone, have to open in person..... they do not make it easy.

Look at international banking. Also if you can open a US account with a US bank with branches in Canada. It may be easier to then open another account in the Canadian branch... Just speculating here.

Another thought. I think you can set wise (transferwise) up to pay bills

Wu Wei

Look at international banking. Also if you can open a US account with a US bank with branches in Canada. It may be easier to then open another account in the Canadian branch... Just speculating here.

They only accept bank transfers and having an American account means nothing to a Canadian bank. I have tried to find multiple ways around this and it all comes back to, I need to go yo Canada. They also prefer a Canadian Social Security number, which I cannot get. But I did find a way around that. I can transfer money from an American Bank to a real estate broker to buy a house...I just can't pay bills without a Canadian Bank account

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Wise as you noted is a wise choice (see the attached link to my later comment) so you won with that suggestion.