• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm, i got stung on my toe a few months ago, not nice, you have my sympathy.
It isn't too bad. For a paper wasp, the sting was rather mild and, while persistent, is dwindling. Fortunately, I don't experience reactions beyond the area of impact.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Are you all aware that the bees, wasps and ants that sting are all female? The sting is a modified ovipositor. Males don't have the equipment to sting.

I wonder if there is anything philosophical to be had from that fact?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Winning by knowing that there was a computer company that once sold "Arete" computers and that the word of the day today talks about how that word can't be translated into a simple English word

Not every word has a direct translation in other languages, and arete falls into this category; though it is frequently translated as “excellence,” using “excellence” alone ignores all the nuances, such as bravery, intellect, and productivity, that arete implies in the original Greek. ... These translation issues also arise with philosophical terms such as pathos, which can be translated succinctly as “feeling”–its intended meaning in compounds such as apathy, empathy, and sympathy. However, pathos is more than another word for “emotion”; it refers to the feelings of pity, sorrow, or compassion that result when hearing, seeing, or listening to another person’s story or experiences. As with arete, no single English word can capture all these subtle meanings.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Winning by lying in bed listening to heavy bass wars from 3 fairground rides at the same time. The dogem car attraction is winning with by far the loudest amplification. Only another 3 hours of winning thump, thump.. thump, thump.

The 3 day village party is a winning riot.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Winning with some Taz chocolate.
One of me favorites.
It's a health food.
Is this it?
Cadburys-taz-bars.png