• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
10 times that would get you a 2 cylinder slide valve
flame ignition engine from the 1880s. I happen to
know of one for sale if anyone's interested.
(It's not mine, & I'm passing on it.)

I had to look that one up.

What would one actually do with that thing?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had to look that one up.

What would one actually do with that thing?
Take it to shows, & have a great time running it.
But that particular engine is a single cylinder.
The twin is much rarer (only 2 known).

BTW, that style of Otto is called a "piano base".
It's a desirable feature.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What makes it so special?

Nothing, it's about the cheapest new car you can buy. There's a shortage of new cars in Australia, I believe it's a world wide shortage because they can't get computer chips or something like that. Because of the new car shortage the price of used cars is inflated, tried to get a good used car but it was going to cost as much as getting a new one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nothing, it's about the cheapest new car you can buy. There's a shortage of new cars in Australia, I believe it's a world wide shortage because they can't get computer chips or something like that. Because of the new car shortage the price of used cars is inflated, tried to get a good used car but it was going to cost as much as getting a new one.

It sounds like you made a winning decision. I had heard about the chip shortage but have not paid a lot of attention to it because we're not in the market for a car.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The chip shortage could really get bad.

aP38o8q_700b.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It sounds like you made a winning decision. I had heard about the chip shortage but have not paid a lot of attention to it because we're not in the market for a car.

This is more than likely the last car we will buy. So it's a mixed emotions type thing... the excitement of a new car and realisation of your own mortality. Is there a word to describe that?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is more than likely the last car we will buy. So it's a mixed emotions type thing... the excitement of a new car and realisation of your own mortality. Is there a word to describe that?

In 2014 I had that feeling when we bought a new car. Now, 7 years later I'm not so sure it's the last.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Back when my sister used to be obsessed with dieting, I would prepare scrumptious cakes and act like this:
Very very wicked...I know