• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
17kawp.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree but perhaps not in the same way ;-) and bears are quite good too. Not as good as cats though
Dog, of course, are #1

How my dog walking business saved me

I answered a post on a local Facebook group looking for a part-time dog walker in New York City. I wanted a side hustle, and I was trying to stem my heartache after a recent failure to get pregnant with in vitro fertilization. I needed to make money to fund more treatments, and I was trying to find a way to stop crying away half the day.
My daily canine adventures — usually five to six a day — benefited my mind and my body. During bouts of feeling depressed, my usual workout or yoga class was easily ignored. But a dog walk was daily exercise that also kept me healthy. I treated each time like a privilege.
It required me to be focused on the task at hand, with a certain responsibility I’d never had before. When I walked, my attention was on the dogs — they needed me fully present. It helped remind me to stay in the moment, something that wasn’t easy for me, as I often obsess over the past, or stress about the future. I began to think of my dog walks as my new mindfulness practice, which served me well, long after the half hour ended. No meditation or yoga I’d tried gave me as much peace as exploring the city with Sonny, Tula, Poppy, Maverick and Wynston the bulldog.

The idea of self-care is often equated with spending money on spas or beauty products, but I discovered a dog walk has done more for my mental health than anything else around. If it’s true you’re the sum of the five people you spend the most time with, then at this point, (assuming we can all agree dogs are people) I'm in good company.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dog, of course, are #1

How my dog walking business saved me

I answered a post on a local Facebook group looking for a part-time dog walker in New York City. I wanted a side hustle, and I was trying to stem my heartache after a recent failure to get pregnant with in vitro fertilization. I needed to make money to fund more treatments, and I was trying to find a way to stop crying away half the day.
My daily canine adventures — usually five to six a day — benefited my mind and my body. During bouts of feeling depressed, my usual workout or yoga class was easily ignored. But a dog walk was daily exercise that also kept me healthy. I treated each time like a privilege.
It required me to be focused on the task at hand, with a certain responsibility I’d never had before. When I walked, my attention was on the dogs — they needed me fully present. It helped remind me to stay in the moment, something that wasn’t easy for me, as I often obsess over the past, or stress about the future. I began to think of my dog walks as my new mindfulness practice, which served me well, long after the half hour ended. No meditation or yoga I’d tried gave me as much peace as exploring the city with Sonny, Tula, Poppy, Maverick and Wynston the bulldog.

The idea of self-care is often equated with spending money on spas or beauty products, but I discovered a dog walk has done more for my mental health than anything else around. If it’s true you’re the sum of the five people you spend the most time with, then at this point, (assuming we can all agree dogs are people) I'm in good company.

Dogs need walking? Cats walk themselves when they want

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dogs need walking? Cats walk themselves when they want

Dogs have a deep understanding of humans. They realize how lazy humans can be and how totally self-absorbed they can become. So they adopted a policy to help humans with both problems. Exercise, even modest exercise, helps human's physical health. And walking with a furry BFF helps human's mental health.

Some cats try to emulate dogs and a few even achieve what dogs do but it's rare.