• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Go back to bed, Sunday sucks. It was 38c.

I don't do going back to bed. Much to do today. A beef bourguignon cooking all night, friends coming for lunch, lots to get ready.

All ready by 10am, time to relax with a coffee for a while. Phone rings. Jens has COVID so no show.

Still the bourguignon was delicious.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn't need sophistication if it works.
Any kind of hard liquor seems to knock an illness down a peg or two for me... I don't drink it much anymore, other than if I'm coming down with something.

I would have preferred a whiskey sour, but it wasn't what was available.

We Never Know

No Slack
Dipping in for the win

IMG_20231022_102030.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Its crazy the little odd things that can do that.
Two years ago I was eating a piece of cinnamon/sugar toast. Crack!! Broke one of my back teeth on a sugar granual.
It is strange...

I had a faulty filling to blame for mine. They just removed the whole tooth, and told me I wouldn't notice it gone... I totally did. It took me a year or two to get used to it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
"I broke a bunch of teeth on a piece of wood"

Now you can't just leave it at that. Tell the rest of the story

Splitting logs, a log wouldn't split and sprung out of the ram at 7 tons of pressure hitting me in the face, knocking me out, badly bruised, stitches and 3 broken teeth.