• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The humidity has dropped to 71% so it's possible to breathe without gurgling, that's a win.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Definitely high quality nonsense, no doubt about it. Once again I credit the no pants rule for that. It does get tiresome sending confirmation photos to @ChristineM but rules are rules.

Methinks you are sending them to the wrong address, i haven't seen any but i guess someone is having a laugh

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's warming up out there. It's up to 50° and is expected to hit 71°F (21.6667°C) for today's high.

Possibly some rain tomorrow and next weekend, too.

Very pleasant, mild weather is a win.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Why does my bust size matter for sleeve length?

I received a note from the tailor that she will only make my sleeves 6 inches long due to my bust measurements. I made this clothing order because I don't have enough long sleeved clothing for winter... I don't need/want more short sleeved tops, I need something I can layer long underwear under. Are chesty people just supposed to freeze?

There must be some unwritten rule here I'm not understanding.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I received a note from the tailor that she will only make my sleeves 6 inches long due to my bust measurements. I made this clothing order because I don't have enough long sleeved clothing for winter... I don't need/want more short sleeved tops, I need something I can layer long underwear under. Are chesty people just supposed to freeze?

There's a tailor here locally, although it's been decades since I used them last.

aoQ8KQKSmL.jpg

A friend and I were driving past that and were making jokes about the name "Mendel's Wife The Tailor." We speculated that Mendel might have a son in the Navy, "Mendel's Son The Sailor." He might have had another son who worked as a guard at the local jail, "Mendel's Son The Jailer." And so on... ;)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
There's a tailor here locally, although it's been decades since I used them last.

aoQ8KQKSmL.jpg

A friend and I were driving past that and were making jokes about the name "Mendel's Wife The Tailor." We speculated that Mendel might have a son in the Navy, "Mendel's Son The Sailor." He might have had another son who worked as a guard at the local jail, "Mendel's Son The Jailer." And so on... ;)
But what does Mendel do?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

My first thought was "WTF". My second thought is that you need someone to write a Country&Western album of songs with the leitmotif of "There's a Heartache Following Me" - not the love song lament, of course, but something like "there's a tsuris following me" - because sometimes Yiddish says it best.

So, Oy Vey.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My first thought was "WTF". My second thought is that you need someone to write a Country&Western album of songs with the leitmotif of "There's a Heartache Following Me" - not the love song lament, of course, but something like "there's a tsuris following me" - because sometimes Yiddish says it best.

So, Oy Vey.
Its a minor thing, I know... perhaps I'm being spoiled...

But with all the random ER and medical visits that have popped up, I just want to be able to slip on a salwar kameez(Punjabi style) and go. Because they are infinitely comfortable, and I don't have to worry about them falling off, mooning someone, or having the item rip if I have to physically intervene with the lad, and that simple thing makes things just a little bit better... And now that its cold, I want to have clothing that I can do this in and stay warm. I could wear my Spongebob pajamas, but unfortunately I have found you get judged as being incompetent if you wear your pajamas into a medical setting if you're not the patient and its not late at night(and that will sometimes affect the treatment you get).

The other day he got so bad he was throwing stuff at a power line and attacking neighbor's houses. We decided to make the long drive to the state university for help. I had to get dressed during all that, and just trying to find something suitable(meaning something I could wrestle him in and still stay warm) just added to the stress...

I know long sleeves and large bust aren't traditional in India, but I'm in Iowa, and I'm cold, and I just want my clothes. I want to wrap the dupatta around my head and pretend I can't see anyone.

(Whining fit concluded.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

aoQ8KQKSmL.jpg

Did you hear of the 3 Jewish tailors each named Cohen? They each opened a shop next to each other. The first shop was named Cohen Tailoring, the second shop was also called Cohen Tailoring, the third shop was named Main Entrance

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
With the trouble in your life, a little self-care is needed. You're entitled to look in the mirror at what you're wearing and feel good about your clothes.
Having them stay put is a relief, too. One day, the former roommate and I were trying to get him out the door... pants dropped. Pulled up again. Fell. Got him a little further. Dropped.

The last thing I needed lol