• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In all seriousness, I can imagine that working on any part of that aircraft would be really cool. I'd never qualified to fly a frisbee in the military, but those jets are pretty awesome to see.
Meh....I moved on to do heavy industrial
machinery, surgical tools, air brake control
systems, flow meter calibrators & such.
Those were more interesting.
Oh, later on I did design a novel aerial
refueling hose reel system for the KC135.
(That was interesting, but it never got off
the ground.)

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I hang here because it makes the most sense of any thread except for the dear @Revoltingest thread.
I love the Dear @Revoltingest column. The advice is pithy, humorous and apt. When I was trying to decide whether to date that tall, blond, Swedish swimsuit model that was pursuing me, he rightly pointed out that it didn't sound like she knew that much about tractor engines. Man that was a close shave that I narrowly avoided if he hadn't set me to thinking right.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Agreed, but the 80's Thing would be extra frightening. I thought the spider head was pretty cool though.

Yeah, it had a real suspenseful effect, since you didn't know who was a Thing and who wasn't. There have been various fan theories about the ending.

I sometimes wonder if The Thing is among us, and who is a Thing?

Maybe some in this thread are Things.

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human."

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Yeah, it had a real suspenseful effect, since you didn't know who was a Thing and who wasn't. There have been various fan theories about the ending.

"I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human."
Marshall Dillon is the "Thing"

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member

The movie didn't go into any detail about what the Thing thought about. Maybe it has a diabolical sense of dark humor. "Let's leave this last one alone so it thinks some of us are still human"