• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good morning y'all

Off to the airport to collect my friend who is visiting for the week.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
He has one on him... its just that hot.

2nd floor with no vents is just a crap situation in this weather.

Can you open the window a little, leave the door open a little and point the fan at the window to blow out the hot air?

Or is that not safe?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm trying to decide what to do with Ares(and Sam).

I think he's waking early because its hotter than hell in his room. Its cool downstairs, though. He falls asleep downstairs, and we move him to his sleeping area when we go to bed.

If I leave him downstairs, I'll have to sleep on the floor down here. I can go to sleep upstairs, and move downstairs when I wake to pee around 4am. Sam objects. Pity party. "He doesn't just wake up and break ****." Yeah, Sam. He does. Its great you can sleep through that, but I'm the turd who has to deal with it. Its fine. I'm not expecting you to do it. I just could do without the self pity party; you're the one who gets to sleep without waking and on a bed, too.

Either way, I've been having to get out of bed around 4am to move where I'm sleeping to prepare for a possible early wake from the War Lord. Even if his early wake is peaceful, meds still have to be administered, and he has to be watched over until the meds kick in and he goes back to sleep.

I sense what's needed for Sam is one of these:

1*orbe5WqILJqeGGFyCr6gDQ.jpeg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Memories from working days. One TV station's lead-in music at 11pm depressed me because it reminded me, 'work week, in morning'.

I never took work very seriously. And I worked a 7 day roster so weekends only had 1 meaning, penalty rates.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I never took work very seriously. And I workede a 7 day roster so weekends only had 1 meaning, penalty rates.
Shop work was easily monitored in that
everything you did was on the clock.
Your time doing a job was compared
to another machinist's time. They *****ed
if you took ten extra minutes in the john. etc

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Shop work was easily monitored in that
everything you did was on the clock.
Your time doing a job was compared
to another machinist's time. They *****ed
if you took ten extra minutes in the john. etc

The railway was a little different. I lived 45 minutes from work and I'd be annoyed if I wasn't home before I'd officially signed off. You had a certain amount of time to do various things, it was 30 minutes to stable an engine so if you came in with 3 that was 90 minutes plus 15 minutes to walk to the signoff room and 10 minutes to do paperwork etc. It only took about 5 minutes to do all those things.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, progress. Ares woke around 4am. But, all the coaching helped...

He did not throw or break anything. He found me, and jumped up and down and clapped and said "he found his mom!"

I've been coaching him the last few days that its okay if he wakes too early, nothing to freak out over, just find Mom, and Mom will help. He did yesterday, too, so my dad called and praised him for finding Mom, which he really liked.

This is a far better habit than busting **** up(though the fact he's still waking at abnormal hours needs to be addressed).

Now I gotta pee and try to go back to bed myself....

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Well, progress. Ares woke around 4am. But, all the coaching helped...

He did not throw or break anything. He found me, and jumped up and down and clapped and said "he found his mom!" , sleep well

I've been coaching him the last few days that its okay if he wakes too early, nothing to freak out over, just find Mom, and Mom will help. He did yesterday, too, so my dad called and praised him for finding Mom, which he really liked.

This is a far better habit than busting **** up(though the fact he's still waking at abnormal hours needs to be addressed).

Now I gotta pee and try to go back to bed myself....
Good Luck, sleep well.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
well its Monday..... not exactly a win.... but since I posted it here.... its a win

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It's 78 degrees F (26 C I believe) here at around 9:30 am, with a 48 percent chance of rain today. Headed for the gym in a bit. Feel like I am winning!