• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I can rent a weed propane torch but it's not as much fun as that.
Well, I do have another weed removal tool...but it requires a much larger yard than what I have

main-qimg-f65c0725d2d9b814f31d0e8f4851bb44

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
By the way, did you know what "woke" can cause? I'm sure this gay couple was corrupted by the pro-LGBTQ+ books in the school library. And even worse, they were given eggs to raise to corrupt the next generation. Dripping sarcasm aside, it's a nice story.

To read the story, you need a WaPo login but here's a bit:

A same-sex penguin pair captured hearts. After one died, the other sang.

When Sphen died this month at the ripe old age — for a Gentoo penguin in captivity — of nearly 12, Magic looked at his beloved mate and began to sing, setting off the entire penguin colony at Sea Life Sydney Aquarium in a moving tribute song.​
“The loss of Sphen is heartbreaking to the penguin colony, the team and everyone who has been inspired or positively impacted by Sphen and Magic’s story,” Richard Dilly, the aquarium’s general manager, said in a news release Thursday.​
It is not uncommon for penguins to form same-sex bonds. Scientists first encountered same-sex behaviors during penguin mating season in field studies more than a half-century ago. Such behaviors have also been observed among penguins at zoos in Berlin and Toronto, and at New York’s Central Park Zoo, which inspired the children’s book “And Tango Makes Three.”​
...​
The penguin couple successfully hatched and raised two chicks — Sphengic (Lara) in 2018 and Clancy in 2020.​
In 2021, large inflatable versions of the penguin couple were featured on the New South Wales state teachers federation float in Sydney’s Pride parade after the union was criticized by right-wing lawmakers for encouraging teachers to include lessons on diverse LGBTQ families.​

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
By the way, did you know what "woke" can cause? I'm sure this gay couple was corrupted by the pro-LGBTQ+ books in the school library. And even worse, they were given eggs to raise to corrupt the next generation. Dripping sarcasm aside, it's a nice story.

When Sphen died this month at the ripe old age — for a Gentoo penguin in captivity — of nearly 12, Magic looked at his beloved mate and began to sing, setting off the entire penguin colony at Sea Life Sydney Aquarium in a moving tribute song.​
“The loss of Sphen is heartbreaking to the penguin colony, the team and everyone who has been inspired or positively impacted by Sphen and Magic’s story,” Richard Dilly, the aquarium’s general manager, said in a news release Thursday.​
It is not uncommon for penguins to form same-sex bonds. Scientists first encountered same-sex behaviors during penguin mating season in field studies more than a half-century ago. Such behaviors have also been observed among penguins at zoos in Berlin and Toronto, and at New York’s Central Park Zoo, which inspired the children’s book “And Tango Makes Three.”​
...​
The penguin couple successfully hatched and raised two chicks — Sphengic (Lara) in 2018 and Clancy in 2020.​
In 2021, large inflatable versions of the penguin couple were featured on the New South Wales state teachers federation float in Sydney’s Pride parade after the union was criticized by right-wing lawmakers for encouraging teachers to include lessons on diverse LGBTQ families.​

I read that a few days ago, very touching story

Magic moment: Sydney aquarium filled with song after sea birds mourn death of gay penguin Sphen

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

...​
I'll take the bit - thanks.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Major brain fart this morning. I had 2 things to do, take the dog down to the river then go get groceries. The grocery store is 30 minutes drive and I turned up there with a dog and no wallet :emojconfused:
Good thing you were not pulled over by a cop who wanted to see your license etc.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A win for the bat dog:

ucy, whose older sister, Layla, retired as the team's bat dog earlier this year, ran out of the Threshers' dugout during the third inning and, instead of retrieving a dropped bat, ran into the opposing team's dugout.

The dog then seemed to get a case of the zoomies and made her way to the infield, where she earned cheers from the crowd by pooping near the pitcher's mound.

"When she squatted, I definitely went into panic mode," owner Andrew Davis told WTVT-TV. "I think the word my fiancée and I used was 'mortified.'"

Dominic Repper, the team's promotions and game entertaining manager, rushed into action to clean up Lucy's mess.