• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ares ran away on his bike, screaming an inappropriate version of "We Will Rock You"(use your imagination) for the neighborhood. I had to catch him while on a bike... I can go fast, but damn, I don't like to.

I also contacted his psychiatrist to let her know I think the new med may need a higher dosage, because it seems to be less effective each day.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares ran away on his bike, screaming an inappropriate version of "We Will Rock You"(use your imagination) for the neighborhood. I had to catch him while on a bike... I can go fast, but damn, I don't like to.

I also contacted his psychiatrist to let her know I think the new med may need a higher dosage, because it seems to be less effective each day.
Diminishing effectiveness sucks.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Diminishing effectiveness sucks.
It does, but its the lowest possible dose, and has been otherwise effective until the last few days with the increased 'bursts'(lets poop here, lets run across the street and scream, etc). I'm hoping she'll(the psychiatrist) just tip the dose up a bit.
I have read similar things. Fortunately I was wrong, it was the AC motor kicking in, I forgot I got up earlier and turned the heat on.
Good. Now I don't have to worry you'll hold up a convenience store.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Got the car insurance renewal. $1,400, up $300 from last year. Thieving mongrels :mad:

Wow. We pay for 3 cars monthly.

The Jag is €55 per month
The shopping trolley was €47 per month
The twins Ami is €36 a month

Three cars fully comprehensive with windscreen and recovery cover for not much more than yours

I think you're right, thieving mongrels.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Got the car insurance renewal. $1,400, up $300 from last year. Thieving mongrels :mad:
Insurance before I was 25 was so expensive it was cheaper to drive without and pay the periodic no insurance ticket.

The key is not to get into any wrecks.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
the buzz has arrived. Heard a couple of attempts late yesterday, but starting this morning, it is a symphony of buzzes. Tomorrow it will be warmer, and a constant drone.

It sounds almost like my tinnitus, but louder and at a slightly different frequency.

Damn cicadas. We can expect six weeks of annoyance.

ChristineM

Premium Member
the buzz has arrived. Heard a couple of attempts late yesterday, but starting this morning, it is a symphony of buzzes. Tomorrow it will be warmer, and a constant drone.

It sounds almost like my tinnitus, but louder and at a slightly different frequency.

I've been told you can tell the temperature to within 1/2 degree by counting the frequency of the buzz. Never tried it ;-) but have noticed it gets higher frequency the hotter it gets.

Anyway, i hope they don't bug you too much

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

I love that drone.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I've been told you can tell the temperature to within 1/2 degree by counting the frequency of the buzz. Never tried it ;-) but have noticed it gets higher frequency the hotter it gets.

Anyway, i hope they don't bug you too much
I think that's only with the annual dog day cicadas. 13 years ago, it was almost unchanging buzzing noise, regardless of temperature, day or night, once they all got going. Right now, they're taking turns...

ChristineM

Premium Member
I first heard the cicada buzz last week, but rain stopped play. Hope to hear it again soon, it's the sound of summer.

Anyway, goodnight peoples, sleep beckons me.

_132572610_0593fd0c-a1b9-4a3c-8a04-24691ac55fbe.jpg.jpg