• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm not sure there is a particular individual to maul in this case. Business is booming and the work is piling up. I'm just going in to get ahead when I can have large blocks of uninterrupted time to start something and then finish it.

I'm one of the most sought after individuals in the building. Fortunately, we employ a significant number of intelligent, attractive and witty young women to keep an old man alert and engaged.
Well, I'm a government employee and working on Sundays is BLASPHEME!!!!!!

Well it is these days anyway...it wasn't when I first started working for the government, I was security for a state college and a state office..... I worked the occasional Sunday in those days...but I had just left hospital security and I had worked every possible day, holiday and shift...so I didn't know any better way back then.... but I got to maul people from time to time....so it did have its perks

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I'm a government employee and working on Sundays is BLASPHEME!!!!!!

Well it is these days anyway...it wasn't when I first started working for the government, I was security for a state college and a state office..... I worked the occasional Sunday in those days...but I had just left hospital security and I had worked every possible day, holiday and shift...so I didn't know any better way back then.... but I got to maul people from time to time....so it did have its perks
I've worked for the government on occasion. It has its perks. The no weekend work was one of them.

In this case, I volunteered, just so I can get something done without being interrupted.

Mauling is always good when the opportunity presents itself. I don't get much chance these days like I used to. It's even better when someone has to explain that not only were they mauled, but it was by Mr. Bunny.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've worked for the government on occasion. It has its perks. The no weekend work was one of them.

In this case, I volunteered, just so I can get something done without being interrupted.

Mauling is always good when the opportunity presents itself. I don't get much chance these days like I used to. It's even better when someone has to explain that not only were they mauled, but it was by Mr. Bunny.
Back in the state security days I use to tell people, "They never call me to introduce me to someone they are HAPPY to see" And I can tell you, it is almost refreshing to be able to tell the people you are dealing with exactly what you are thinking.....sadly I can not do that in State IT all that often.....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just ran into this on facebook. It's a mega-winner

452111615_7857119557676861_7316069143893811883_n.jpg

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Back in the state security days I use to tell people, "They never call me to introduce me to someone they are HAPPY to see" And I can tell you, it is almost refreshing to be able to tell the people you are dealing with exactly what you are thinking.....sadly I can not do that in State IT all that often.....
It's a shame to lose such a nice fringe benefit.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm going to go to bed. I'm very tired.

Good night everybody.

I'll miss you most of all Scarecrow. And you too Mrs. King.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Not winning with all these fires, but at least they arrested the dude who started the Chico fire, which has become the 12th largest fire in state history.

On Thursday, authorities announced they had arrested 42-year-old Ronnie Dean Stout II, a Chico resident, on suspicion of arson. Prosecutors said the man pushed a burning car into a gully, starting the fast-moving fire.

“It is maddening that we’re here again, and it is particularly maddening that this particular fire was caused by an individual,” Butte County Sheriff Kory Honea said. “During this particular time of year, we are under a very high threat for fire.”

The Park fire was one of several burning in California:

• A fast-moving fire near Lake Elsinore on Thursday temporarily forced the evacuation of dozens of homes. The 145-acre Macy fire broke out in vegetation around 5:40 p.m. and was 60% contained as of Friday evening.
  • The Flynn fire temporarily closed Interstate 580 in Altamont in Alameda County and burned more than 500 acres. It is 80% contained.
  • In Contra Costa County, firefighters were battling a 200-acre blaze called the Point fire in the Bay Point community.
Sjolund, the fire chief in Butte County, said he’s hopeful an expected drop in temperatures this weekend could assist in fighting the Park fire and others across the region.

“It’s kind of a moving target with the way the weather patterns are coming in,” he said.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Good very cool, cloudy fall-like morning after scorching hot days. There is no happy winning medium.