• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Logic of The Trinity

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Can you explain ity in a way that sounds correct?

By definition, the Universe is the Material world. Are you saying God is material?
Yup. My god is real. What else is there? Non real? What is non real? Non real is non real. Non real is nothing.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Can you explain ity in a way that sounds correct?

By definition, the Universe is the Material world. Are you saying God is material?
Infinite material. Strange isn’t it? Just because the universe is infinite and hard to grasp doesn’t make it immaterial.

Last edited:

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic and off-the-cuff , The fulfilled universe is free of internal temptations and choice. Infallibility is removed where there is no chance of failure. Eternity will remain unfailing, some logical dynamically eternally forever unfailing in being, logically being able to grasp but unreachable in the finite disciplines known of earth. How this can be explained by the finite disciplines is unknown in the minds of man. To me and logic creation is fulfilled with the removal of internal temptations or choice or any chance of failure as undefiled through the new spirit Will of the Father becoming the image of creation as one and being.

To me, the logic follows the wondrous mysteries of the Faith.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

To me in logic and off-the-cuff , The fulfilled universe is free of internal temptations and choice. Infallibility is removed where there is no chance of failure. Eternity will remain unfailing, some logical dynamically eternally forever unfailing in being. How this can be explained by the finite disciplines is unknown in the minds of man. To me and logic creation is fulfilled through the removal of internal temptations or choice, or defilement or any chance of failure through the new spirit Will the Creator God, for the Father becoming undefined in the image of creation as one and being.

To me the logic of "born again, saved" follows the Logic of The Kingdom of the Divine Will of the Creator God for The Father. As what would Jesus do in all cases of fulfilled faith and morality manifested by the Will of the Creator God for The Father in becoming in His image as One in Being.

The logic follows created mortal and corrupt through choice creating love becoming logically "born again" as Sanctified incorruptible and immortal and becoming again, logically "saved" through the Confirmed re-Sanctification through Sacrifice in Atonement and hearing the Words of Absolution forgiven through Penance and in Communion with Him, to become again glorified and transfigured as one and being in fulfilled eternal Love, through His Passion.

To me, the logic follows the wondrous mysteries of the Faith.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Betho_br

People have an outdated idea of these concepts.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John 14:20 Kjv
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Earthly Ministry of Jesus

1 John 4:15 Kjv
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

2 Peter 1:4 Kjv
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Remembering that "theos" in the Hebrew Bible is also equivalent to "elohim", a magistrate or a prophet in the quality of Moses.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 11
  • images2.jpeg
    images2.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 12

Kfox

Yup. My god is real. What else is there? Non real? What is non real? Non real is non real. Non real is nothing.
I've heard some theists claim God is spirit, and a part of the spiritual world. However I realize theists don't agree on this issue, thanks for your explanation.

Kfox

Incorrect. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are each 100 percent God.
Imagine a cake that is divided into 3 equal slices. Each slice is still 100% cake, but only when those slices are together do they represent the whole cake. Is this what you are talking about concerning God? That the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 100% God, but only a percentage of the whole God? And can only be the whole God when combined?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Imagine a cake that is divided into 3 equal slices. Each slice is still 100% cake, but only when those slices are together do they represent the whole cake. Is this what you are talking about concerning God? That the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are 100% God, but only a percentage of the whole God? And can only be the whole God when combined?
Nope. Incorrect.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I've heard some theists claim God is spirit, and a part of the spiritual world. However I realize theists don't agree on this issue, thanks for your explanation.
The word spirit eloquently tries to explain the difficulty of grasping the idea of infinite space imo. What they seem to be unable to grasp, in my opinion, is the fact that infinite space is infinitely material, so calling it spirit takes away that confusion.

Last edited:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Nope. Incorrect.

No disrespect intended, but this illustrates exactly what I was describing in my first post. Theist describes the Trinity in vague terms. Interested person tries to get a better understanding by suggesting some possible explanation. Theist says, "no that's not it". IP tries again. Again, "no, wrong". And on it goes until the IP either gets fed up or realizes that the Theist really doesn't have any better answer than the original (vague) statement.

There's an alternative that ends with "faith" or "God is mysterious". Which might have been the best thing to say in the first place. Nobody seriously expects someone to understand God, just to admit that and the fact that their pronouncements are not absolute in nature.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

In logic and through faith each are equal and separate in power, creation by The Person of The Father, through the intelligence in the Person of the Holy Spirit Will and delivered by the person of Jesus conceived in the Holy Spirit person as the Christ, immortal and incorruptible from the spirit through the flesh for soul of the being in Jesus as The Christ. And through Baptism and death and resurrection of the Body of Christ in all mankind we become again glorified and transfigured into the image of God, for The Father. To me in logic, percentages cannot be defined to infinite wisdom, as God in being together percentages cannot be measured to the infinite. In logic if there was assignment of percentage of power then logically it could be 33.3% each and 100% united as one in being together with all mankind.

In logic, The Trinity is latent in the gospel message, and that the Father, The Creator sends the Son, the Redeemer and the Spirit, the intelligence conceived as The Christ through the power of the Person of Jesus becoming immortal and incorruptible and glorified and transfigured as the Christ in all mankind becoming the image of Creation for the Father.

To me in logic, The Trinity, in Christian doctrine is the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead.

In logic, to me, Begets is bring into existence by the process of reproduction.

Peace to all,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited:

Kathryn

No disrespect intended, but this illustrates exactly what I was describing in my first post. Theist describes the Trinity in vague terms. Interested person tries to get a better understanding by suggesting some possible explanation. Theist says, "no that's not it". IP tries again. Again, "no, wrong". And on it goes until the IP either gets fed up or realizes that the Theist really doesn't have any better answer than the original (vague) statement.

There's an alternative that ends with "faith" or "God is mysterious". Which might have been the best thing to say in the first place. Nobody seriously expects someone to understand God, just to admit that and the fact that their pronouncements are not absolute in nature.
Oh, I'll be the first to admit that I don't understand God. But God has proven to me over and over again that He exists. He has proven this to ME. Your proof may need to be something different. But I know that God exists and I know He loves me, which is amazing to me.

As for doctrine and history and science and all that, let's just say that I believe we are all in for some surprises one day.

Betho_br

To me in logic, The Trinity, in Christian doctrine is the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead.

Stephen Andrew
May peace reign among men of good will.

The doctrine of unity is present in Judaism, Christianity and also in Islam.

The doctrine of the Trinity is a philosophical development based on the doctrine of Unity and is partially supported solely by Christological formulas such as (2 Cor 13,13) Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church Paragraph 249 and there is not even a reference to John 14:20 in this Catechism, 30 which, according to Basilio, the great and Saint Augustine, PARTIALLY prove the dogma of the Trinity.

Betho_br

John 14:20 NVI
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

1) How can a completely human person be in the Father?

2) How can a completely human person be PERMANENTLY in the Father?

Kathryn

John 14:20 NVI
On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

1) How can a completely human person be in the Father?

2) How can a completely human person be PERMANENTLY in the Father?
It's something we can't understand or prove or explain in my opinion.

Kfox

Peace to all,

In logic and through faith each are equal and separate in power, creation by The Person of The Father, through the intelligence in the Person of the Holy Spirit Will and delivered by the person of Jesus conceived in the Holy Spirit person as the Christ, immortal and incorruptible from the spirit through the flesh for soul of the being in Jesus as The Christ. And through Baptism and death and resurrection of the Body of Christ in all mankind we become again glorified and transfigured into the image of God, for The Father. To me in logic, percentages cannot be defined to infinite wisdom, as God in being together percentages cannot be measured to the infinite. In logic if there was assignment of percentage of power then logically it could be 33.3% each and 100% united as one in being together with all mankind.

In logic, The Trinity is latent in the gospel message, and that the Father, The Creator sends the Son, the Redeemer and the Spirit, the intelligence conceived as The Christ through the power of the Person of Jesus becoming immortal and incorruptible and glorified and transfigured as the Christ in all mankind.

In logic, to me, Begets is bring into existence by the process of reproduction.

Peace to all,
Stephen Andrew
So is it 3 separate Gods? Or just 1.