• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The message of the cross is foolishness!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hello Mr Scuba Pete,

Proclaiming a gospel of love without condemnation from the law is a false gospel. It is a false gospel that the world wants to embrace. Please read "The Gospel by RC Sproul". God demonstrated His love for us (believers), in that while we were still SINNERS, Christ died for us. Why did Jesus Christ have to die? Because we are condemned guilty sinners under the wrath of God. - SR

The Gospel

"There is no greater message to be heard than that which we call the Gospel. But as important as that is, it is often given to massive distortions or over simplifications. People think they’re preaching the Gospel to you when they tell you, 'you can have a purpose to your life', or that 'you can have meaning to your life', or that 'you can have a personal relationship with Jesus.' All of those things are true, and they’re all important, but they don’t get to the heart of the Gospel.

The Gospel is called the 'good news' because it addresses the most serious problem that you and I have as human beings, and that problem is simply this: God is holy and He is just, and I’m not. And at the end of my life, I’m going to stand before a just and holy God, and I’ll be judged. And I’ll be judged either on the basis of my own righteousness – or lack of it – or the righteousness of another. The good news of the Gospel is that Jesus lived a life of perfect righteousness, of perfect obedience to God, not for His own well being but for His people. He has done for me what I couldn’t possibly do for myself. But not only has He lived that life of perfect obedience, He offered Himself as a perfect sacrifice to satisfy the justice and the righteousness of God.

The great misconception in our day is this: that God isn’t concerned to protect His own integrity. He’s a kind of wishy-washy deity, who just waves a wand of forgiveness over everybody. No. For God to forgive you is a very costly matter. It cost the sacrifice of His own Son. So valuable was that sacrifice that God pronounced it valuable by raising Him from the dead – so that Christ died for us, He was raised for our justification. So the Gospel is something objective. It is the message of who Jesus is and what He did. And it also has a subjective dimension. How are the benefits of Jesus subjectively appropriated to us? How do I get it? The Bible makes it clear that we are justified not by our works, not by our efforts, not by our deeds, but by faith – and by faith alone. The only way you can receive the benefit of Christ’s life and death is by putting your trust in Him – and in Him alone. You do that, you’re declared just by God, you’re adopted into His family, you’re forgiven of all of your sins, and you have begun your pilgrimage for eternity."

— R.C. Sproul

"Now before faith came, we were emprisoned and guarded under the Law until faith would be revealed...Now that faith has come, we are no longer subject to a disciplinarian [the Law]." Gal. 3:23ff

Paul seems to be doing just that -- proclaiming the gospel of love without the condemnation of the Law. This is not a false gospel, but one the world desperately needs to hear: That they have been made acceptable. That's the impetus for belief. That seems to be the method of early evangelism.

Generally I agree with R.C., but he's a Calvinist and that causes him to miss the mark somethimes. Why? Because Calvinism sees humanity as basically evil and unsalvagable.

sojourner

Paul may or may not have been appointed by God to carry on the message of Jesus. But the fact remains that what he preached was his own opinion probably not worthy of being included within the scriptures. I mean, he never personally met Jesus and only had second-hand information about the life and teachings of Jesus. Whenever one quotes from Paul it must be done with caution because it was his opinion of things and we are only to follow the teachings which came from the lips of the Messiah. Certainly what Paul teaches is of importance, but our faith in a certain teaching must not rest with what Paul said, but rather be confined to the teachings of Jesus Christ found in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John.

Why are they any more reliable than Paul? Paul wrote his letters (by and large) earlier than the gospels were written. With Paul's letters, we know the author. Not true with the canonical gospels. All Biblical information about and by Jesus is second hand.;)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Rom 3:9-12
(9) What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
(10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Psa 14:1
(1) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

That is one refrence, yet there are many against Saul/Paul collecting these pledges like clay...
1Sa 10:12
(12) And one of the same place answered and said, But who is their father? Therefore it became a proverb, Is Saul also among the prophets?

sojourner

It's like we're talking about the effect of heat on air molecules and you say, "hey! But my socks are green!"

wizanda

Premium Member
Do you have to be rude always?
Please stop being short sighted…….

1) Saul/Paul contradicts Christ (Yeshua) on well over 36 points…so making Anti-Christ.
2) Saul/Paul dismantles the Bible and repeats others as if it is his own (fake prophet Jeremiah 23) and on numerous points reiterate that he is a fool...
3) Saul/Paul takes power from a dragon....or makes a dragon....so creating the beast...

Personally just sent here to ask people to “come out of it”…….

FatMan

I think many of us find it more impolite to not add to a discussion at all by posting some random passages with italics and bold interjected with no rhyme nor reason.

If you have been personally sent here, I'd talk to the person who sent you here and tell them they needed to train you better.

wizanda

Premium Member
Sent from heaven, name is in most religious books globally and still you choose to be rude...
i realize i try my best to show what scriptures you haven't appeared to read...or maybe you have and just don't want to notice them...

I show you in scripture where, I ask you in person…how can you hate Yeshua so much?

sojourner

1) Saul/Paul contradicts Christ (Yeshua) on well over 36 points…so making Anti-Christ.
2) Saul/Paul dismantles the Bible and repeats others as if it is his own (fake prophet Jeremiah 23) and on numerous points reiterate that he is a fool...
3) Saul/Paul takes power from a dragon....or makes a dragon....so creating the beast...

Personally just sent here to ask people to “come out of it”…….

Not meant to be a personal attack, but merely an observation. I do not see the connection between your scriptural references and the OP.

In what way am I short-sighted? At least I'm not narrow-minded...

1) Show me specific points that are contradictory.
2) That's your opinion, and not necessarily fact.
3) ???

Isn't "asking people to 'come out of it'" a form of proselytization and against forum rules?

sojourner

Sent from heaven, name is in most religious books globally and still you choose to be rude...
i realize i try my best to show what scriptures you haven't appeared to read...or maybe you have and just don't want to notice them...

I show you in scripture where, I ask you in person…how can you hate Yeshua so much?

I assure you that I have read them, and I have formally studied them. I do not interpret them in the same way that you do, apparently. so what?

I'm sorry you believe that I hate Jesus. But that's really your problem and not mine.

wizanda

Premium Member
I assure you that I have read them, and I have formally studied them. I do not interpret them in the same way that you do, apparently. so what?

I'm sorry you believe that I hate Jesus. But that's really your problem and not mine.
That depends if Zan is a corn cutter....plus has had an NDE, so knows where and what he is, do you?

FatMan

Where have I ever shown hatred for Yeshua?

I read your scriptures well enough to know they do not pertain to the topic being discussed. Why is it such a hard concept to grasp when it is pointed out to you numerous times??

wizanda

Premium Member
Where have I ever shown hatred for Yeshua?

I read your scriptures well enough to know they do not pertain to the topic being discussed. Why is it such a hard concept to grasp when it is pointed out to you numerous times??

Because since birth this is very personal for me and so you speak of Yeshua without a care...
I can not do this and find it hurts to my heart/Core.....keep trying not to, yet can not change who God has made me....
So personally am very puzzled as fulfilled Revelations chapter 10 and so read the Bible, knew at 5/6 must do so one day....
So when I have been quoting, without knowing from it most of my life...then first I need to fix the churches, before I can have a life…else you and others like you, will just force me to die…
Wish you understood me and why I keep getting upset…

FatMan

Because since birth this is very personal for me and so you speak of Yeshua without a care...
I can not do this and find it hurts to my heart/Core.....keep trying not to, yet can not change who God has made me....
So personally am very puzzled as fulfilled Revelations chapter 10 and so read the Bible, knew at 5/6 must do so one day....
So when I have been quoting, without knowing from it most of my life...then first I need to fix the churches, before I can have a life…else you and others like you, will just force me to die…

Since the dawn of time, people understanding one another has always been a matter of communication. Perhaps if your communication was better, it would be easier to understand you.

When you say things like "...you, will force me to die", it really throws me off track and makes me wonder what realm of reality I'm dealing with.

sojourner

You're talking about the role of a prophet. Unfortunately, the life of a prophet is usually a lonely, thankless one. You're in for a rough time of it. I'm glad you feel you have a call, but you have to realize that your call is clearly one that will pit you against most Christians. I really wish I could see a thread of truth in what you're saying, because your stance intrigues me. I'm interested to see where your explanation of the taking away of grace, inheritance, etc. will go.

You seem to talk a lot about the forest. Perhaps if you spent more time focusing on the trees for a while, you might not lose us in the onslaught of theological information you're giving us.

wizanda

Premium Member
Since the dawn of time, people understanding one another has always been a matter of communication. Perhaps if your communication was better, it would be easier to understand you.

When you say things like "...you, will force me to die", it really throws me off track and makes me wonder what realm of reality I'm dealing with.
Someone who at:
5/6 was asked to study the New Testament and fix it...
15 asked to build a Place and read all religions...
21/22 fulfilled Revelations chapter 10..
23 NDE...
24 read Bible whilst working in a Christian books shop.
26 given the 13 dimensions from the commandments and the studies..
New name of Christ, original name of God in many cultures, city is Zion and so left feeling lost, trying to help people see where Oneness (heaven) is....

Sorry my writing is terrible in all languages....would do so in person, yet most religions are not waiting for world peace and since most of you want war...i sit and try online...."and he will go out no more” or do i take it to every church via television and any means possible as this is all i live for, you realize?
So when God has set so much in place in my life to see this, then God also has a back up plan and I care for people and so try very hard to help everyone…

FatMan

Someone who at:
5/6 was asked to study the New Testament and fix it...
15 asked to build a Place and read all religions...
21/22 fulfilled Revelations chapter 10..
23 NDE...
24 read Bible whilst working in a Christian books shop.
26 given the 13 dimensions from the commandments and the studies..
New name of Christ, original name of God in many cultures, city is Zion and so left feeling lost, trying to help people see where Oneness (heaven) is....

Sorry my writing is terrible in all languages....would do so in person, yet most religions are not waiting for world peace and since most of you want war...i sit and try online...."and he will go out no more” or do i take it to every church via television and any means possible as this is all i live for, you realize?
So when God has set so much in place in my life to see this, then God also has a back up plan and I care for people and so try very hard to help everyone…

As Ace Ventura would say, "Well, Allrighty then."