• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mind Steroid!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What is this crap about steroids being bad ? Do you people even know what steroid means ?

There are lots of steroids - steroids are a whole class of organic molecules. What do you think cholesterol is ? Do you know why cholesterol is essential ?

Steroid does not exclusively mean dianobol or some other black market anabolic.

Lots of veges contain steroids which are very good for you. Do your homework, jeezuz.

Meanwhile, back to the topic - if you mean what is the metaphorical equivalent, something 'intellibolic' as opposed to anabolic, then I would say ***** ********** ******* without a doubt. (Sorry, Rule 6).
Of course not all steroids are bad, and some are worse than others. But like many other organic compounds that can be good or bad, such as lipids, there is a level of too much of a good thing. And many steroids need to be in a healthy balance, or the outcome isn't so good. Cholesterol especially is something we need, but too much, even of the so-called "good" cholesterol, can have serious health consequences. Another example would be a female having a masculinized body from too much testosterone or a male having a feminized body from too much estradiol.
So again I ask why would you want a mind steroid? And why would a source of knowledge, in the case of this OP books, be considered a steroid? Even books by nut cases like Glenn Beck will one day be used as a portal into the mindsets of people of the day, and will be treasured for their historical value. And unlike many steroids which require a balance to avoid detrimental effects, there need not be a limit to human knowledge, imagination, and wisdom.

apophenia

I know right?

Why would my doctor prescribe something thats bad for me? Its not like we're trying to be Rick Flare or Hulk Hogan here :facepalm:

No need for a facepalm Orias, I was replying to the posters who were assuming that steroids are bad m'kay ?

Try Noopept.

apophenia

No worries, I wasn't facepalming at you :D

Yeah, I worked that out.:D I'm awake now (it's morning here downunder).

I don't know if you know about nootropics, but aniracetam is pretty good. YMMV. I haven't tried noopept yet (it's a related compound), and the law here may stop me from importing unless I get my doc on board, but it sounds like it may be a kind of 'mind steroid' in the sense that you mean.

Hydergine is good too. Haven't used it for a while. It's a blend of lysergic compounds invented by some dude called Albert Hoffman. :)

rip_albert_hoffman.jpg

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Books can be dangerious you can get lost in them and get attached to them