• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new guy.

Hello, people. I'm new to the forums and not quite sure where to start.
I am an Atheist, but have a deep respect for the religous choices others have made for themselves. Being raised Roman Catholic and going to Catholic schools I, for the most part, know my way around Christianity and have done my own studies on other religions. Not saying i know it all, that's why I'm here. Always looking to learn from others, to discuss religion and faith with people. Not here to argue or be agressive with anyone, just want some good healthy debate and/or discussion.

Questions, comments, complaints?

-David

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
SenileAnimal said:
Hello, people. I'm new to the forums and not quite sure where to start.
I am an Atheist, but have a deep respect for the religous choices others have made for themselves. Being raised Roman Catholic and going to Catholic schools I, for the most part, know my way around Christianity and have done my own studies on other religions. Not saying i know it all, that's why I'm here. Always looking to learn from others, to discuss religion and faith with people. Not here to argue or be agressive with anyone, just want some good healthy debate and/or discussion.

-David
Hello, Animal! Welcome to RF. Judging from your introduction, I'm guessing you will be a great addition to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello and welcome! It's good to have you here!

Complaints? I'm not happy with my lot in life that Dean from "Supernatural" does not belong to me. :( Other than that, I'm all good! (Errr.... The others will tell you that I should be ignored when I've had too much caffeine.)

What are some of your hobbies?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi David!

Welcome to Religious Forums;

I hope you get to like our familly, and look forwards to seeing you around.:)

None, thanks, but if you have any, please feel free to field them my way.

lizskid

BANNED
Welcome! It sounds as if this is a place you will be able to enjoy!

Complaints? I don't like my dentist.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Namaste and welcome to RF.

SenileAnimal said:

-David

Okay SenileAnimal - What type of senile animal are you? How did you get to the state of being senile...is it that you ate too much chocolate and didn't remember what happened afterwards? :p

Feathers in Hair said:
Complaints? I'm not happy with my lot in life that Dean from "Supernatural" does not belong to me. :( Other than that, I'm all good! (Errr.... The others will tell you that I should be ignored when I've had too much caffeine.)

What are some of your hobbies?

Not quite sure who this "Dean" fellow is, but: Damn him!!! He should know better.

Hobbies, the regular stuff I guess. Music, movies, I read.... alot, play pool on weekends with friends. You know, normal stuff.

Lizskid, I've never met someone who did like their dentist.

Good fortune to you too Mystic

Hema, long question usually ends up with a long story, be carful.
But, no, I don't eat sweets and I only eat small portions. But, since I can't remember, you may be right.

robtex

Veteran Member
David great to meet you!!! I noticed you reside in Alabama. How open are you about your atheism living there and how receptive is the local community to the idea of atheism?

Stairs In My House

I am protected.
Welcome, David!

Feathers in Hair said:
Complaints? I'm not happy with my lot in life that Dean from "Supernatural" does not belong to me. :(
That show rocks. Well, season one rocks. We'll see if season two rocks as hard, or perhaps even harder, when it's out on DVD.

robtex said:
David great to meet you!!! I noticed you reside in Alabama. How open are you about your atheism living there and how receptive is the local community to the idea of atheism?
I'm in Mobile, AL, the big rebel flag buckle of the bible belt.
So, the reception is not so good. But, I don't tend to discuss my religous beliefs with people I don't already know and who already accept me for who I am. I don't hide my beliefs but at the same time I don't flaunt them. If someone asks, then i answer truthfully, but like I said, I don't go running down the street screaming, that could be dangerous.

zombieharlot said:
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm zombieharlot and I love being drilled in the face. Welcome to RF.

Thanks for the welcome.
If I find any sadist carpenters, I'll send them your way.