• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The next manifestation

muziko

I've never really thought about the next manifestation to come, probably because I'm more focused on the present and the past. But I am wondering, will the Universal House of Justice recognize the next manifestation or will he branch off and make a new faith? If so, then what happens to the Universal House of Justice?

Thanks for your replies, it means a lot to me :)

arthra

Baha'i
I've never really thought about the next manifestation to come, probably because I'm more focused on the present and the past. But I am wondering, will the Universal House of Justice recognize the next manifestation or will he branch off and make a new faith? If so, then what happens to the Universal House of Justice?

It's in God's hands..

The Dispensation of Bahá'u'lláh will last until the coming
of the next Manifestation of God, Whose advent will not
take place before at least "a full thousand years" will have
elapsed. Bahá'u'lláh cautions against ascribing to "this verse"
anything other than its "obvious meaning"...

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 195)

1562. Fears for Next Manifestation

"As to the meaning of the quotation. 'My fears are for Him Who will be sent down unto you after Me'. this refers to the Manifestation Who is to come after a thousand or more years, Who like all previous Messengers of God will be subjected to persecutions, but will eventually triumph over them. For men of ill-will have been and will always continue to be in this world, unless mankind reaches a state of complete and absolute perfection -- a condition which is not only improbable but actually impossible to attain. The fundamental difference, however, between this Dispensation and all previous ones is this, that in this Revelation the possibility of permanent schism between the followers of the Prophet has been prevented through the direct and explicit instructions providing for the necessary instruments designed to maintain the organic unity of the body of the faithful."

(From letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States and Canada, December 1 1934, Bahá'í News. No. 89. p. 1 January 1935)

(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 473)

tahmi

If you read the book 'ALIF of the Greatest Name- The third Mannifestation of the Revelation of the Greatest Name, soon to appear' written by John Carre, hopefully you'll get some good answers.

tahmi

I am sharing some quotes from the book mentioned above-
"
THE MYSTERY
Shoghi Effendi's statement that the Baha'i Plan could be terminated by the appearance of a third Manifestation in the near future. Abdu'l-Baha writes of the Hidden Words #77 which tells us that only the first two Letters of the Revelation of the Greatest Name have appeared.

THE TESTS WE FACE TODAY, AND WHENEVER A NEW MANIFESTATION APPEARS
Tests from God are sometimes so subtle we do not realize we are being tested. People in religious organizations blindly follow their leaders without individual search for truth or understanding. The Bab's prophecy which says Baha'is will reject the Manifestation after Baha'u'llah. The problems we face when our beliefs are contrary to God's Will.

THE APPOINTED INTERPRETER
The reason a Guardian is indispensable to any World Order and the unity of any spiritual community. The spiritual meaning of "oppression".

THE REVELATION OF THE GREATEST NAME -- THE REVELATION IS NOT YET ENDED
Baha'i'llah destroyed hundreds of thousands of His Writings because believers were not yet spiritually ready for them. Baha'u'llah's prophecy about the coming Manifestation Who will appear when mankind is spiritually ready. Only God knows the exact time when a Manifestation will appear.

THE UNITY OF THE MANIFESTATIONS OF GOD
All Manifestations are One, manifesting one Holy Spirit, the "Word" of God, or the "Primal Will". Each Revelation is greater than all previous Revelations. The meaning of the expression that the teachings of one Revelation "overshadow" future Revelations for a certain time. Titles of the three Manifestations of the Revelation of the Greatest Name BHA'

SYMBOLISM IN THE GREATEST NAME, AND IN THE WORDS FOR ONE THOUSAND AND FOR THE LETTER A, IN ARABIC
The Bab represented the Letter "B" and Baha'u'llah the Letter "H" in the Greatest Name. The Letter "A", the third Manifestation, is yet to be revealed. Symbolism of the numerical values in the Greatest Name. Symbolism of the word for one thousand in Arabic, which is ALF, the same word indicating the first letter (a in English) in the Arabic alphabet. The ALF is also transliterated as ALIF.

"SIGNS" OF THE COMING MANIFESTATION IN THE VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE HEAVENS
Abdu'l-Baha speaks of the spiritual and physical oneness of the universe, and the influence of stars and planets. Baha'u'llah speaks of the "stars" that appear in both the invisible and visible heavens prior to the coming of the Manifestations. The three "stars" or planets that are the signs of the three Manifestations of the Revelation of the Greatest Name."
-John Carre, ALIF of the Gretest Name

This is guaranteed not to happen for AT LEAST another 800+ years. :)

Baha'u'llah guaranteed that.

""Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather, follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise. " - Baha'u'llah, Kitab-i-Aqdas