• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nine Satanic Sins

coldrock

i cannot stand people who sin in that way. I am angered by stupidity but thats cause im a mad person, not stupid. Stupidity is what is driving society back into the dark ages.

Does satanist believe in a god?
*sounds silly but do they*

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Some denominations do, coldrock. However many people confuse Satanists as Satan worshippers;
which is not completely true.

Sometimes 'worship', yes. Sometimes this 'worship' varies extremely, and sometimes Satanists can't really be said to practice it at all.

I can assure you with strong beliefs in this religion (some say cult)I do not worship Satan,or any sort of Anti-Yahweh. The denomination I refer to focus on self-indulgence.

Zlot

Sagira said:
I've read this before on the Church of Satan website and I have to say, it completely facinates me.

Their 9 Satanic Sins make so much sense. They're straight-forward and to the point; I really like that, for a change. <3
It makes sense indeed. It amazing how people stand in awe of common sense.
It still makes no sense to me.
Condemning one church while building another is all about money.

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Renaldo said:
Some denominations do, coldrock.
There are no denominations of Satanism. It is what it is.

Devil Worship is an entirely different religion, which is very very rare these days. The Yezidis are one example.

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
hail-satan-666 said:
nothing about stanism has anything to do with evil
Wrong. :cool:

Satanism is very much concerned in the image of evil. Why do you think LaVey called it -Satanism-. The Satanistic view of evil and "The Devil" is simply different from say, a Christian one.

Serpens

The Nine Satanic "sins" are not regarded as sins in the way that spiritual religions view them. They are more accurately described as things that Satanists try and avoid if they recognize some of those traits in themselves.

DreamQuickBook

Serpens said:
The Nine Satanic "sins" are not regarded as sins in the way that spiritual religions view them. They are more accurately described as things that Satanists try and avoid if they recognize some of those traits in themselves.

True - but, it is hard to state what a "sin" is without looking at it from a metaphysical point of view. "Evil" - what is that anyway? :)

Serpens

Jocose Satan said:
True - but, it is hard to state what a "sin" is without looking at it from a metaphysical point of view. "Evil" - what is that anyway? :)
Satanic philosophy states that there is no "sin". Good is something you like, evil something you don't like. They are called "Satanic sins" I think more as a joke. Anton LaVey had a healthy sense of humor. Or perhaps more to dress them up as more "religious". Ultimately, it doesn't matter.

huajiro said:
That is a very bold statement. You have studied every single religion there is? You know every aspect of them all?:confused:
please excuse my ignorance, but how do satanists congregate/pray/express devotion?