• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official “RFfiliates” Discussion Thread

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: I know that you base your RFfiliate characters after member’s avatars but I haven’t been able to figure out the whole MysticSang’ha thing. Is that supposed to be Elvira or something?

A: The character depiction of MysticSangHa is based on her avatar..

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/images/avatars/religion/1005446907[1].jpg
1005446907[1].jpg

..and to keep in with the STAR TREK theme I have taken the liberty to fashion MysticSang’Ha as Yeoman Rand (with her avatar’s black hair) as played by Grace Lee Whitney if Russ Meyer had cast her.

http://sp1.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2265856815

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Who are all the characters in your comic? I can recognize some of them but others I can’t make out.

A: Uh-oh, that means that I’m not doing my job. Sometimes when applicable, I will include a character’s name in the dialogue. Some members may have changed their avatars and their comic appearance can become confusing. There were also a few people who wondered when I was going to draw them into the strip even though they already had a brief appearance. What I might do when I transfer the files to the “RFiliates Collected Thread” is that I may include a checklist of character appearances for RF members to follow.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: When are you going to drop all this "Sunday Funnies" stuff for the Newsletter and start drawing real comics for real adults for the ERos forum?

A: As of right now, RF has never charged a subscription rate for their forum and I do not think that they would want to start now. :no:

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: What are the images in the character with the T.V. set, some are too small to make out.

A: The “character with the T.V. set” is Wandered Off and as realized in Chapter One of the Mod Squad, RF member Seyorni has upgraded him with cable. I had the idea of putting images on his screen for an extra dimension of expression and he is quickly becoming a favorite to work with. Mrscardero expertly does the placement of these pictures when she does the computer enhancements. I was thinking of listing these images during my off season commentary in the “RFfiliate’s” Collected Thread but since it could be relevant, the images or as follows:

PAGE 19 MOD SQUAD NG:

Panel 1

wo1.jpg

Wandered Off is displaying Family Guy: Blue Harvest

Panel 3

wo2.jpg

Wandered Off is displaying Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone

Panel 4

wo3.jpg

Wandered Off is displaying tough girl Tura Satana from Russ Meyer’s Faster Pussycat!! Kill! Kill!!

Panel 7

wo4.jpg

Wandered Off is displaying Buddy Christ from Kevin Smith’s DOGMA

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: I just wanted to say that I am late stumbling on your comics but you can count me as a fan and someone who cannot wait till next season. But I have a question… Is Sunstone really fat? In the comic you have him as heavyset and I could swear that he was getting heavier by each chapter.

A: No one knows what Sunstone looks like. No one knows whether Sunstone is fat or thin, tall or short, good or bad, a boy or girl, (hell, with the evidence provided, we could present a strong case and debate whether Sunstone even exists). Since I designated Sunstone as the Captain of the REX31504, I wanted to reference him to the later, heavier William Shatner appearances in the Star Trek movies. There was some discussion and thought of applying a toupee to this character but I did not want to offend Sunstone or any of the other readers who were possibly sporting one. Make no mistake, Sunstone is “beefy” in these present installments of the Mod Squad but you are correct, in past comics, Sunstone has seen leaner years.

Last edited:

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Q: I just wanted to say that I am late stumbling on your comics but you can count me as a fan and someone who cannot wait till next season. But I have a question… Is Sunstone really fat? In the comic you have him as heavyset and I could swear that he was getting heavier by each chapter.

A: No one knows what Sunstone looks like. No one knows whether Sunstone is fat or thin, tall or short, good or bad, a boy or girl, (hell, with the evidence provided, we could present a strong case and debate whether Sunstone even exists). Since I designated Sunstone as the Captain of the REX31504, I wanted to reference him to the later, heavier William Shatner appearances in the Star Trek movies. There was some discussion and thought of applying a toupee to this character but I did not want to offend Sunstone or any of the other readers who were possibly sporting one. Make no mistake, Sunstone is “beefy” in these present installments of the Mod Squad but you are correct, in past comics, Sunstone has seen leaner years.

You can thank me for him gaining a few pounds. Since you are on a diet,
I have been secretly sending him the cakes and cookies that I would
originally make for you.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: So, I’ve been reading past chapters of last year’s season in preparation for this upcoming comic (cardero: good idea) and I just don’t get it. Do characters in the rffiliate universe realize they’re yoda and garfield?

(name withheld upon request)

A: Good (but serious) question. When RF members use licensed characters as their avatars they are supposed to represent themselves. So when we (the readers) see characters like Yoda and Garfield we should immediately think, okay, there’s Mister_T and Guitar’s Cry. But when RFfillate characters see Yoda, they may think, okay here is this old, wise, decrepit “reptile” thing limping over to me. They shouldn’t see Yoda as a muppet or some celebrity of Star Wars fame; they should just accept that this persona exists in their universe.

Renji

Well the comic of the Mod Squad is almost coming to an end and I see by my Private Message Box that many people still have many questions. Well this is the place to comment or inquire. Talk about any of the previous strips or the current controversial storyline and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. I will start the ball rolling by posting some responses to questions that I have already received and personally answered. For respect and anonymity I will not post the members name.

I think Mr Cardero just reused the Patrick picture on his avatar.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: There is something wrong with The RFfilates Collected Thread. I cannot see or read past episodes. Where there should be comics all that comes up are these red “x”s.

A: That is because these pictures and posts were originally hosted by Yahoo! Geocities and Yahoo! no longer supports Geocities. Since Religious Forums has a 24 hour policy on their edit function I cannot reload these portions into their proper place. What will most likely happen before this season ends is that I will properly upload these comics into photobucket and kindly ask a moderator or administrator to work close with me to restoring these comics to their appropriate posts.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Rumor has been going around that if anyone spots you poking around in their profile that person may make an appearance in an upcoming episode of your comic. Is this true?

A: I really don't know how these rumors get started but if you see my name in the list of people who visited your profile it could be because I genuinely want to know more about you.

cardero

Citizen Mod
After reading your current comic, I can’t help but notice that those citizen mods haven’t really done anything wrong. Everything they have done seems to be by the book. Maybe the other members didn’t like their methods but dammit-THEY GET RESULTS!!!

A: I can only interpret and compare moderator procedure from the time I started Religious Forums and from the behavior of the current staff. Though some laws and rules have become lax throughout the years, I think the changes and the way the authoritative staff handles things are fair and rationale. The citizen mods that are depicted in the current storyline may be knowledgeable of the rules but have crossed the line, become drunk with power and are completely out of control.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Have you considered sharing these comics with other readers online at another website?

A: The indelible truth is that “Rffiliates” and The Mod Squad; The Next Genreation are really personal. They are meant to be read and enjoyed and understood by RF members. There may be enough jokes and gags for outside readers but the comics are sort of our own priviate joke. When friends and family ask me what I have been up to lately, I tell them that I have been drawing online comics. They usually become interested and ask for the link but I often wonder how they would understand and appreciate the story. Some of the best punchlines come from knowing and being acquainted with the actual RF members. In other words, some of my best jokes are friends. Sure, if I had at least five seasons of the The Mod Squad The Next Generation under my belt, eventually any outside reader could get used to the idea of a dragon having a blow-up doll for a partner but for now, this comic will probably remain a staple of RF mythology.