• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Doesn't look like any one has been in here in awhile but I thought I would stop in to say hello.

I'm new to the forum and have had some interesting conversations so far.
Did I hear someone say there was a private pagan forum???

I'd be interested in that. :)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Doesn't look like any one has been in here in awhile but I thought I would stop in to say hello.

I'm new to the forum and have had some interesting conversations so far.
Did I hear someone say there was a private pagan forum???

I'd be interested in that. :)

Yeah go into your User CP, on the left side see the title Networking, click on Group Memberships on mark the Pagan my friend and join.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Looks like it's my turn to sweep up in here ^_^
It's kind of sad we don't get many Pagans here, and those of us that are around don't post in here much.
I should see about getting my god/goddess of the week threads started again.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
*pokes head in*

Well after a long seance from paganism I've found myself drawn back to it once more. It really is a pity this tea room isn't used more but then it's difficult to come up with topics of discussion.

hey I've got an idea. I myself am trying to learn more about the myriad of pagan faiths out there so maybe we could talk about those, starting with those here who have there paths at least somewhat figured out describing their own. I think that could certainly bring about some stimulating conversation. What do you guys think?

blackout

Violet.
Stops in for a spot of tea.

I am so tired right now Moonwater...
but it sounds like a really nice idea.

I'd love to hear about everyone's practices.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I know I like to run around naked! Welcome.

Oh, and for any of the new pagan members, we do have a private forum you're welcome to join called the Coven. I'd love to see some new activity there!

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Oh, and for any of the new pagan members, we do have a private forum you're welcome to join called the Coven. I'd love to see some new activity there!
Yes the more the Merrier. I'm am really happy that there are more Pagans here now ^_^

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
*pokes head in*

Well after a long seance from paganism I've found myself drawn back to it once more. It really is a pity this tea room isn't used more but then it's difficult to come up with topics of discussion.

hey I've got an idea. I myself am trying to learn more about the myriad of pagan faiths out there so maybe we could talk about those, starting with those here who have there paths at least somewhat figured out describing their own. I think that could certainly bring about some stimulating conversation. What do you guys think?

Well I guess I'll start off with at least a brief intro(it's all I have time for at the moment.) I recently started looking into the feri tradition and found that it fits my beliefs very well. The information I've found actually describe and compartmentalizes my beliefs far better than I ever could. here's some links for basic info:
Feri Tradition Resources
Feri Tradition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really hold to the deities espoused in Feri but the tradition also has a saying that all gods are feri gods, basically saying that all gods can be used in and can be a part of the tradition. As such I plan on creating my own pantheon of gods. In it so far I have Athena, Ganesha, Shiva, Artemis, and Selen though I plan on adding others. I need to learn more about feri before I fully immerse myself and start taking classes but so far it's been quite promising. There's also one other bit of information in an article written that i found about a warrior ethic that is adhered to. Here's a quote that gives a brief description and a link to the article:
"the honoring of a warrior ethic. For example, we are urged not to coddle weakness, support others in insincerities or self-deceptions, or to submit one's own Life force to anyone or anything, which leads to a fierce openness called the "Black Heart of Innocence."
Pagan and Craft Traditions

I also adhere greatly to the sith code, though not to the extreme that the sith take it. For the most part I follow it as it is explained by yuthura ban in KOTOR 1 but there a few instances in which I disagree and I have my own interpretation of the code. I'll post more on this and the feri tradition later but right now i have errands to run. In the meantime if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to address them.