• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Orias

Left Hand Path
Hi there. Thought I'd fly through and say hi in here. This is kind of sad really. The Pagan area seems so dead quiet now. Are the numbers dwindling here or has this place just been forgotten about in favor of debate?

Seems like it, even the Left Hand Path DIR is dying :sad4:

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
There isnt much to talk about, really... Most of the debates here are monotheistic centered, and there are many who are just concerned with shutting their ears and opening their mouths.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, if I turn out to like this place, I'll try to help keep things a little more active. I have been looking to join a general religion forum for quite a while, and I happen to fall mostly under the Neopagan umbrella, so I would be in here somewhat regularly. I joined primarily, though, to ask people of other faiths for their perspectives on various issues that I find a bit confusing as a Neopagan. There are issues that come up in other theological systems that are not applicable or nonsensical from other perspectives, so I get curious as to how the logic to them goes for some of their believers.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hi!

I'm not actually pagan anymore, but they let me hang out here cause the roots go deep. What's your path?

Ravenheart

Seeker
Hey,
You may have noticed but I've opened a thread talking about my newly chosen path, Neo-Druidry, and since you were a pagan, Storm, I have a couple of questions! I don't like to be called a druid yet cause if I did, I would be a fluff bunny. Instead I'd prefer the Neo-pagan title cause of my 6 year research on the matter, which I believe was fruitful. Have you met any Druids? Any other pagans except of wiccans? How did you like them? What is your impression on them?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi!

I'm not actually pagan anymore, but they let me hang out here cause the roots go deep. What's your path?

My path. I don't self-identify under any other header within Neopaganism. Sometimes I don't even like using Neopaganism, for one reason or another. I figure as a tree-hugging dirt-worshipper, it's a best-fit. I fall pretty closely in line with naturalistic pantheism, except I don't frame my conception of reality quite as narrowly as they do and include otherworlds. On all questions of knowledge, be it religious or otherwise, I do not believe humans can make any claim to "The Truth", which you could describe as a fundamental agnosticism. And, I have also been known to pop in and out of Unitarian Universalist congregations.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've found it useful in general to resist the need to label things overmuch. It can be useful for communication, but with complex topics like religion, labels can also get in the way and be misunderstood. The word "Pagan" in general isn't understood in the meaning I intend if I use it in casual conversation, for example. So if someone in real life asks me my religion/spirituality, I'm more likely to say "tree-hugging dirt-worshipper" than Neopagan. *laughs*

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
When the nice Mormon boys on my porch asked me if the reason I knew so much about temple ritual meant I was interested in joining the Church, I laughed a little, looked the cute one in the eyes and said "actually, I'm homosexual, and I worship ancient pagan gods... so you're not going to get very far with that one.. but let me show you guys the awesomist thing evar!" and ran inside to get my handpainted plaque featuring portraits of all the Mormon presidents back to Smith.. with the most recent three pasted on the side from generations of magazine clippings by someone dutiful. Truly a masterpiece of Mormon folk art, acquired at a Deseret thrift for 5$.

You have to choose your title for the occasion.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm here on and off... still settling in, mostly. I wish that I had enough frubals for a signature. I felt the urge in a discussion recently to put in a disclaimer that I am not interested in "winning" debates or "proving" points, but entertaining ideas and attempting to understand them regardless of whether or not you or I agree with them. >_<

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll get there if I remember this forum exists and keep popping in on it. But I have to confess, that even though I really do not come here to prove a point, some of the things I see people say really rub me the wrong way and make me want to facepalm. But I get that in other forums too, so... comes with the territory.

And happy day-after Autumn Equinox, folks! :D