• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People's Republic of California has graduated from third world to prehistoric world now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Lovely....

Ugh and Grogg lives here in cave, now Ugg and Grogg evicted by Blue tribe. Ugg and Grogg now find new cave and finally meet true love Uggla.

Twilight Hue

If California really was a people's republic, then they'd likely have strict controls over housing costs - and the homeless problem outlined in this article wouldn't exist.
They just haven't figured out how to tax caves yet.

Twilight Hue

I guess they're not a true people's republic either. What a surprise.
Oh they will be full fledged in no time if they have their way.

The People's Republic of New York systematically decrease people's freedoms and liberty each decade that passes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh they will be full fledged in no time if they have their way.

The People's Republic of New York systematically decrease people's freedoms and liberty each decade that passes.

I get the impression that China is willing to sustain short-term hardship in order to have a better long-term future.

In America, particularly in states like California and New York, it's been kind of the opposite. They seem to want short-term instant gratification at the expense of the long-term future.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If California really was a people's republic, then they'd likely have strict controls over housing costs - and the homeless problem outlined in this article wouldn't exist.
Strict controls are Californiastan's problem. Regulation
there leads to higher costs to build & maintain housing.
I propose some de-regulation to help, ie, be more
permissive towards those who live in RVs & tiny homes.
It would even be useful to send some of the money
for pubic housing to creating areas where people could
legally park their currently illegal housing. Creating
parking areas would yield more bang for the buck than
building public housing. And providing services (eg,
trash removal, utilities) would likely cost less per person.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Lovely....

Ugh and Grogg lives here in cave, now Ugg and Grogg evicted by Blue tribe. Ugg and Grogg now find new cave and finally meet true love Uggla.

I'm sensing a trend: you really don't like vulnerable people.

I mean, you've raged about trans kids a lot, now you're making fun of people for being homeless.

Anyone want to take bets on what the next one will be? My bet is that he'll get really mad about those little rear leg wheelchairs for paralyzed dogs.

Twilight Hue

I mean, you've raged about trans kids a lot, now you're making fun of people for being homeless.

Anyone want to take bets on what the next one will be? My bet is that he'll get really mad about those little rear leg wheelchairs for paralyzed dogs.
You must really like projecting your own thoughts into things and claiming publicly thats what I am thinking and doing. It's called defamation.

You owe me an apology for that and I would suggest deleting your post accusing me of those things.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Strict controls are Californiastan's problem. Regulation
there leads to higher costs to build & maintain housing.
I propose some de-regulation to help, ie, be more
permissive towards those who live in RVs & tiny homes.
It would even be useful to send some of the money
for pubic housing to creating areas where people could
park their currently illegal housing. This would provide
more bang for the buck.

Well, whatever they're doing now, they're getting pretty bad results. I know they cleared out some of the makeshift homeless encampments, so they had to go live in a hole in the ground. And now, they're being evicted from their hole in the ground.

I don't think that California is a "people's republic," as suggested in this thread. Maybe they're a "lawyers' republic." They do seem to have quite an abundance of attorneys in that state.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The failure of laissez-faire.
Because in a country where the State controls anything and anyone, such things would never happen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, whatever they're doing now, they're getting pretty bad results. I know they cleared out some of the makeshift homeless encampments, so they had to go live in a hole in the ground. And now, they're being evicted from their hole in the ground.

I don't think that California is a "people's republic," as suggested in this thread. Maybe they're a "lawyers' republic." They do seem to have quite an abundance of attorneys in that state.
To me it's just Californiastan.
It's managed in a fashion that makes it spendier
than it need be, especially for new arrivals (who
pay a much higher property tax) & poorer folk.
But it's great for the uber wealthy, who can
manage the high costs without batting an eye.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Blind people are the worst, always going around whacking you with their white sticks. Why do the government allow it?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Meanwhile, in red states:

poverty_data_thumbnail.jpg