• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Phenomena of the Ignored Posts.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We all have them: Posts we make that are largely ignored. Does this make you feel bad? Do you often keep checking a thread just to see if anyone commented on your comments? If they are ignored does it bother you at least a bit, even though that could be considered a little irrational?
I have to admit that while most of my posts are not significant enough to really respond to, that sometimes, when I make a point, I get a bit put off when it is ignored completely. And I know that I am being unreasonable, which makes it even worse. :D:facepalm:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Since people tend to like to argue and disagree, rather than the opposite, I simply assume when my post doesn't get a response, that its truth was so insightful and undeniable, that nobody could formulate a meaningful counter to it.

Although, to be fair, I generally assume this is the case even when people do debate my posts.

Mr Cheese

most of my posts are ignored or simply just read and not commented on....

I dont take it to heart....especially when I see the other threads out there that ARE getting answered

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We all have them: Posts we make that are largely ignored. Does this make you feel bad? Do you often keep checking a thread just to see if anyone commented on your comments? If they are ignored does it bother you at least a bit, even though that could be considered a little irrational?
I have to admit that while most of my posts are not significant enough to really respond to, that sometimes, when I make a point, I get a bit put off when it is ignored completely. And I know that I am being unreasonable, which makes it even worse. :D:facepalm:

It happens. Be cool. :cool:

A number of times it happens to entail two or more (at least two..:slap: "duh" what else would it be NM?) already engrossed heads, so if no response to any of my interjection(s) I'll just retract further temptations and just read the ongoing exchanges if interest compels me to do so.

Like a lot of us, I'll check multiple times for responses in regards to my posting(s) of course, and BTW don't worry if you think it happens to be irrational or unreasonable. Big deal. You would be surprised at what can come out of it and its not always a bad thing. So buck up sister and keep on posting!

Come to think of it, who's ignoring you now? :O)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Come to think of it, who's ignoring you now? :O)

No one, really. I just made a couple of posts in other threads and people kept responding to other points that were made before mine and mine was (or seemed to be) skipped over. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I often agree with posters but don't bother commenting. I often disagree and refrain from commenting too, mostly because I feel it isn't worth kicking up dust.

I laugh at a LOT of posts and would love to post smilies indicating how much I enjoy other people's humor, but then I'd just be posting smilies all the time. So those of you wise butts who crack jokes, know that I appreciate you and am at home laughing out loud at my monitor. :D

As for my comments, I follow threads I'm interested in. If someone wants to chat with me, cool. If not, that's cool too. I'm usually in the thread reading others' discussions.

PS. I read all your posts, Christine. :)

I think posts are more often commented on if people think they are wrong, or if they were offensive, if you are correct and not offensive don't expect a cavalcade of responses. I have a number of threads with 0 responses and last time I checked I had one thread with 0 responses and 3 views :facepalm:

There are members that are out to get responses and will post threads and comments that are designed to be provacative, but don't have any value.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
We all have them: Posts we make that are largely ignored. Does this make you feel bad?
Sometimes, but not usually. I often forget where I've posted and generally don't check unless it's a topic of real interest to me.

What bothers me more is when threads I start die a quick, painful death. :yes: Then it's time for getting smashed > :drunk::drunk::drunk:

PS.....I always read your posts, Christine! :flower:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No one, really. I just made a couple of posts in other threads and people kept responding to other points that were made before mine and mine was (or seemed to be) skipped over. :) Thanks for the encouragement.

Yep, victims of butting head syndrome. It eventually passes from those afflicted, but remains contagious like a cold.
Time for a good coffee, tea, or hot chocolate while reading to see how it turns out should the particular topic still fancy you.
:seesaw: :beach:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I just assume that if I dont get a response that the readers were basically speechless and no words could even describe the feelings they had over what I said..

But that Im ceratinly not being ingored..That would neva neva neva happen to me.I know that because I get in trouble enough with the mods.. :angel2:

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

I just assume that if I dont get a response that the readers were basically speechless and no words could even describe the feelings they had over what I said..

But that Im ceratinly not being ingored..That would neva neva neva hapen to me.I know that because I get in trouble enough with the mods.. :angel2:

Love

Dallas

You are an uber perv, dallas...

Thank you ..I know there is DEFINATELY something wrong with me..:help:

Love

Dallas

Don't fall for it Mr.Cheese it's a trap :eek:

Black-Widdow-Spider-Animated-Dropping-On-Web-01.gif

:cheese: