• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pirates who don't do Anything

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
It has come to my attention that this song is actually a re-write of a song by ReliantK, which was a rewrite of a song in a VeggieTales movie. If anyone knows if VeggieTales got it from somewhere else, I'd like to know. This is a great song

In nay case, the song was rewritten by some of my buddies who have a band at the Ren Faire, so I thought I would post it (they also do a version of "The Only Gay Eskimo")

YouTube - NYRF 2007 - Fool's Fyre: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
YouTube - Bounty Hunters Who Don't Do Anything (the ReliantK version feat Cowboy Bebop, for those interested)

We are the pirates who don't do anything
We just stay at home and lie around
And if you ask us to do anything
We'll just tell you we don't do anything

Well I've never been to Greenland
And I've never been to Iceland
And I've never buried treasure on an island or at all
And I've never been to Moscow
And I've never been to Paris
And I've never been to London in the fall

Well I've never hoisted the main stay
And I've never swabbed the poop deck
And I've never veered to starboard 'cause I've never sailed at all
I've never walked the gang plank
And I've never owned a parrot,

Well I've never plucked a rooster
And I'm not too good at ping pong
And I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against a wall
I've never kissed a chipmunk
And I've never gotten head lice

Well I've never licked an iceberg
And I've never ate in Hamburg
And I've never painted daisies on a big ol' cannon ball
I've never bathed in yogurt
And I don't look good in leggings

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I know it from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanvid, unfortunately I can't find a link to it, but it was very well done.

Stellify

StarChild
It has come to my attention that this song is actually a re-write of a song by ReliantK, which was a rewrite of a song in a VeggieTales movie. If anyone knows if VeggieTales got it from somewhere else, I'd like to know. This is a great song

In nay case, the song was rewritten by some of my buddies who have a band at the Ren Faire, so I thought I would post it (they also do a version of "The Only Gay Eskimo")

YouTube - NYRF 2007 - Fool's Fyre: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
YouTube - Bounty Hunters Who Don't Do Anything (the ReliantK version feat Cowboy Bebop, for those interested)
Haha That song used to get stuck in my head all the time when I was babysitting....And my friend set it as the ring tone on her phone for whenever her husband called :D

Which Faire, if I may ask? I've been at the one down here my entire life, and this past year I started working at the Norman Med. Faire as well.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Haha That song used to get stuck in my head all the time when I was babysitting....And my friend set it as the ring tone on her phone for whenever her husband called :D

Which Faire, if I may ask? I've been at the one down here my entire life, and this past year I started working at the Norman Med. Faire as well.

It's NYRF, in Tuxedo NY (not to be confused with the smaller faire in sterling forest)

Stellify

StarChild
It's NYRF, in Tuxedo NY (not to be confused with the smaller faire in sterling forest)
Yeah, I know people who work the Tuxedo and Sterling Faires :D I've never been, myself. Someday! For now I'm happy working Scarby. Even though the weather is horrendous.:rolleyes:

Smoke

Done here.
I love it, Laura. The Veggie Tales version is pretty cute, but I like your friends' version better. I just put the video on my myspace page. :D

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
A bunch of people I know from NYF do Scarby. Though, most people do PARF and Pennsic. I've never been to anything outside of NYRF though. =(

Stellify

StarChild
A bunch of people I know from NYF do Scarby. Though, most people do PARF and Pennsic. I've never been to anything outside of NYRF though. =(
Scarby's great and I have been going my entire life. It's just....Texas lol Really hot, really humid....or it pours and the mud is so deep you sink in halfway up your calves in some spots....and THEN the sun comes back out and it's even more humid and miserable lol
But seriously, I love it there. This past year when I went to work Norman it was the first time I'd been to another RF besides Scarby. It was so bizarre to be cold at a RF lol I always miss it between seasons. The entire atmosphere makes me feel happier, and I go around with a big grin on my face even during the week when I'm not usually there :D

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Scarby's great and I have been going my entire life. It's just....Texas lol Really hot, really humid....or it pours and the mud is so deep you sink in halfway up your calves in some spots....and THEN the sun comes back out and it's even more humid and miserable lol
But seriously, I love it there. This past year when I went to work Norman it was the first time I'd been to another RF besides Scarby. It was so bizarre to be cold at a RF lol I always miss it between seasons. The entire atmosphere makes me feel happier, and I go around with a big grin on my face even during the week when I'm not usually there :D
Ever been to the fall one in Plantersville? Texas Renaissance Festival 2007 - Home