• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Press: Too hard or too soft on Bush?

Is the Press too hard, soft, or just right on Bush?

• Too hard

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Too soft

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Just right

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

standing_alone

Mercy Not Sacrifice said:
Case in point are Ann Landers and Michael Moore, two very outspoken talking heads that find themselves almost at the opposite extremes on any political spectrum.

I believe you mean Ann Coulter. :D

Wiccan013

I voted too soft because I can never get tired of hearing people bash Bush.

but as for the media, Most are either Democratic or Republican in their Reports, I want one that is in between so that I could get some truth, instead of politicians just trying to blow smoke up my A$$.

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
im not saying that I love george bush, but personally the media is evil and tends to spread propoganda. so really i dont know who to trust. So im going to say to hard

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Wiccan013 said:
I voted too soft because I can never get tired of hearing people bash Bush.

but as for the media, Most are either Democratic or Republican in their Reports, I want one that is in between so that I could get some truth, instead of politicians just trying to blow smoke up my A$$.

But Democrats and Republicans are the basically same. It's not as if you're getting a left-wing bias and then a right-wing bias, you're getting a right-wing bias then a slightly crazier right-wing bias with a Southern accent.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Mercy Not Sacrifice said:
... Outspoken conservatives tend to believe that the Press is too harsh on Bush, whereas outspoken liberals believe that it (sic) is too spineless to stand him up...
I think this pretty much sums it up. ;)
KarlR said:
The press harasses Bush about things that don't matter, but blindly accept things that they should question.
Sunstone said:
My hunch is that it's varied. After 9/11, and through when he went into Iraq, the impression I got was that the mainstream American press had put kid gloves on when dealing with him. But in recent months, especially after Katrina, as his popularity has dropped, the mainstream press is more willing to publish stories that don't reflect well on him or his administration....
I need to look for these threads before all the good points are taken.:p Nicely stated gentlemen.:clap

Wiccan013

Revasser said:
But Democrats and Republicans are the basically same. It's not as if you're getting a left-wing bias and then a right-wing bias, you're getting a right-wing bias then a slightly crazier right-wing bias with a Southern accent.

This too, is true. That is why im an Independent.

It just goes to show you that politicians are robots. Or do they just compete over who has the biggest penis, I'm not sure.:149: