• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The problem with the bible.

Kcnorwood

"Silly" does not begin to accurately characterize your nonsense. Now, once again, where do I call "them" a liar? (Or is it you who is lying?)

You made a statement saying that if they do not agree with you they are wrong & your right. Which means some how they are lying about how they see things...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You made a statement saying that if they do not agree with you they are wrong & your right. Which means some how they are lying about how they see things...
What a joke! :slap:
To lie is to deceive, to make a statement that one knows is false.
People can be persistently wrong without being a liars. One need not look far to find examples of this ... :rolleyes:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Roman Catholics were heavily involved in the canon of the Bible it's hard to argue they don't believe in it's inerrancy.

Here is a link describing their thought process..Skim down to Scripture.
Just because one is involved in setting the canon doesn't necessarily mean that one thinks the scriptures that are thus canonized are "inerrant."

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Christians that believe the Bible is the word of God quote II Peter 3:14-16 and Timothy 3:16 as proof of its inerrancy.

The problem with II Peter is most Biblical Scholars doubt Peter was the author.

Bible.org: Is 2 Peter Peter’s?

And the problem with Timothy is that Paul wrote it several centuries before his letters were assimilated into the Bible. At the time that Paul wrote his letters, accepted scripture was the Old Testament. That's taking Paul so far out of context it's disingenuous.

And I've never stated that Christians have to believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God.

I said,

Studying the Canon of the Bible should be a prerequisite to accepting the Bible as the inerrant word of God. But I've had the same experience as you.

I was referring to the Christians that believe it's infallible.
Right. I understand what you're saying. My reply is that studying the canon has very little to do with one's perception of the Bible as either "inerrant" or "inspired." It usually has everything to do with a belief that "God wanted it this way."