• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Runaway trash can floats from South Carolina to Ireland - UPI.com

Nov. 8 (UPI) -- A trash barrel from a South Carolina beach ended up in the ocean and floated more than 3,500 miles to a beach in Ireland.

The Myrtle Beach City Government said in a Facebook post that visitors to a beach in Mulranney, County Mayo, found a blue trash can on the beach that still bore stickers from Myrtle Beach.

The post included the text of an email from Keith McGreal, who was one of the people who found the barrel.

"That's an amazing voyage for a trash barrel, although we'd prefer that it stayed put on our beach, rather than gallivanting all over the world via the Gulf Stream," the Myrtle Beach City Government's post said. "I don't think it's possible to tell when it went missing, but it probably was during a wind or storm event."

The city asked the finders to have the barrel recycled.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's a beautiful autumn day, sun is shining brightly, not a cloud in the clear azure blue sky

20211109_122434.jpg

But bloody hell it's cold.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What is a "ball hopper"?
Make your guess before peaking.
A spherical portion (hopper) of an engine that holds cooling water.
maxresdefault.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What is a "ball hopper"?
Make your guess before peaking.
A spherical portion (hopper) of an engine that holds cooling water.
maxresdefault.jpg

I guessed it had to be something scrap iron however the technology has improved over 100 years or so

download.jpeg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't understand why someone would create half a dozen new threads just about every day then not participate in any of them beyond the OP. Is it just to annoy me?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't understand why someone would create half a dozen new threads just about every day then not participate in any of them beyond the OP. Is it just to annoy me?

I thought it was me.

There are of course other psychological motivations.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let me point out something very important when it comes to humans - some are barely trainable.

50b4af701332013a7fbf005056a9545d