• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Also, Beijing had officially made me old
On a crowded subway a young guy actually got up and gave this old geezer his seat

Got into tiantan park for free on the senior discount

Got into Hongluo temple at half price on a senior discount

They want identification to buy ticket, so i show then my passport, and all if a sudden I’m getting senior discounts

However there are another sign i’m old… last time i was in Tiantan park….. it was free for everyone to enter.

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
i have said it many times this week….. i didn’t come all the way to China to eat měiguó fan

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
mdguugq73n381.jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK so here's my random, meaningless announcement - I am actually doing some work today, just taking a break, because you know, I can. So I am.

Kathryn

I was a 1960s/1970s kid and I loved every bit of it. I especially loved riding my bike God only knows where to and for how long. I also remember meandering along in a flat bed boat, I couldn't have been more than 7 or 8, and I was looking up at all the ***** willows and thinking "This is the life." Which it was.

Kathryn

Hey, I also drove all around Europe in the 1990s and didn't have a GPS and used a map. Just a map. I was fine.

The Berlin Wall was down and I had lots of adventuring to do! I remember that I went east.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I had to buy a new electrical multimeter.
Me old one was on the fritz.
It was cheap.
I bought a fancier one.
It's auto ranging, so the switch is much simpler.
OIP.ftRDhpg-xevAKzRa1wGyAQHaHa

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I had to buy a new electrical multimeter.
Me old one was on the fritz.
It was cheap.
I bought a fancier one.
It's auto ranging, so the switch is much simpler.
OIP.ftRDhpg-xevAKzRa1wGyAQHaHa
I still don't know what most settings on those things are for. Nor did my robotics instructor.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I still don't know what most settings on those things are for. Nor did my robotics instructor.
That multimeter doesn't look exactly like mine.
The symbols are standard on multimeters.
Buttons:
Backlight
Select

Switch:
DC voltage
AC voltage
Resistance
Temperature
Off
I don't have the manual printed off yet, so IDK
what Select & the rectifier & battery symbols are for.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If I could find a good mentor I'd probably quit my job to focus on my own business. I've built a robot, I've read tough philosophy books, I can fix things amd have a welder to relearn that, I did a few freelance programing jobs in high school, I'm too talented and too intelligent and too good to keep getting held back.