• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ritual Thread

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
There isn't a thread for just discussing rituals and magic(k) we do right now, so it's better to start one. Do you have some rituals or spells you're going to try out today? Are there some you'd want to try out? Go on, tell us!

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
As I already mentioned on another thread, all the talk got me thinking about blood magic again. I'm no big fan of the pain part, but I think blood (especially your own) as a source of life power is intriguing.

But since I have no reason to do a full-blown blood ritual right now I'll have to settle for something simpler. I'll probably summon a few demons tonight just to keep to the routine. Hm...

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Have you done a blood ritual before? I have developed one or two but never had any need for them. Lame shiv like curing a crop blight or ending a drought all of which I have not gotten asked todo sad face

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Have you done a blood ritual before? I have developed one or two but never had any need for them. Lame shiv like curing a crop blight or ending a drought all of which I have not gotten asked todo sad face
Sometimes, but generally fairly small stuff to find out how it works exactly. Now I think I have a pretty good idea of how to use it if I need to. It doesn't even have to be physical blood, just the ritualiced act of cutting your wrist is enough. Now I got interested in something bigger, but I'm not going to rush into it, would just spoil the fun.

Iti oj

Premium Member
The mind isn't too good at separating imagination from reality to start it, so why think of it as faking? If you think it, it's real. :D

Well agreed its just a meme I turned into a philsophy

Iti oj

Premium Member
Sometimes, but generally fairly small stuff to find out how it works exactly. Now I think I have a pretty good idea of how to use it if I need to. It doesn't even have to be physical blood, just the ritualiced act of cutting your wrist is enough. Now I got interested in something bigger, but I'm not going to rush into it, would just spoil the fun.

Stop teasing me xp I wana know

Iti oj

Premium Member
Lol gotta use legal jargon to get any where with you egads =D

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm interested in seeing people who've practiced Necromancy, or at least attempted and hearing their results.

I've attempted, but got hardly anything good out of it.

Any necromancers here to teach me the ways? :D

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Depends a lot on how you define necromancy. I don't actually practice it, but I tend to be in good standing with whatever's found in graveyards. :D

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Finally things are starting to calm down in the house and on the internet. It's all dark around, or so dark it can be with the city lights intruding from the streets. I just love working in darkness, it's like a living entity to me, on some mystical level. Closest I can get to a deity, I guess. Hm... what would I do next.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I don't really do much actual ritual anymore, the magick I practice is in my mind. There is something called a thoughtform, a manifestation of mental energy. That is pretty much the extent of my ritual magick these days, although it is more mental magick. I am more into meditation and mental magick as a whole. Physical ritual has almost never worked for me, whereas purely mental magick has in many cases. You can create the perfect ritual space inside of you own mind, accessible at any instant in time.

There aren't really any rituals I'd want to try out. As said, they never really worked. If magick works at the mental level, I see no need for anything physical anyways. Magick is the power of the mind, so why not simply master mental ritual? That's my take on it at least. Focus on one thing and make it happen, of course following through. You cannot Will yourself to get a job mentally and not apply.

The thoughtform is really what I am focusing on now. It is the perfect balance of meditation and magick. The focus of meditation, the Will of magick.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
I was thinking about starting Chaos Magick cuz my old rituals of divination are kinda boring, i got a few questions:

1. How do I get myself to truly believe in something I don't? Belief is a tool, I understand, but how do I will belief?

2. What are certain things you recommend?

3. Books on Chaos Magick possibly?

It'll probably be a while until I practice it, hoping to get some hallucinogens to help me believe :D

Iti oj

Premium Member
I was thinking about starting Chaos Magick cuz my old rituals of divination are kinda boring, i got a few questions:

1. How do I get myself to truly believe in something I don't? Belief is a tool, I understand, but how do I will belief?

It'll probably be a while until I practice it, hoping to get some hallucinogens to help me believe :D

1, practice studying being able to discuss something from a point of view you do not have be able to plat devils advocate
2what ever fancies you. sigils
3. no do not read any books on the topic for like the tao that is not chaos magick

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep

"Fake it til you make it."

Start with belief systems you may have once believed or find interesting but not exactly true, like some mythologies. Once you get comfortable with relative non-belief, you can most towards more absurd things, and more personally-based things.

Liber Null and Psychonaut, Phil Hine's "Condensed Chaos", and possibly Ramsey Duke's/Lionel Snell's "SSOTBME".

Maybe. Never needed them.

Iti oj

Premium Member
"Fake it til you make it."

Start with belief systems you may have once believed or find interesting but not exactly true, like some mythologies. Once you get comfortable with relative non-belief, you can most towards more absurd things, and more personally-based things.

Liber Null and Psychonaut, Phil Hine's "Condensed Chaos", and possibly Ramsey Duke's/Lionel Snell's "SSOTBME".

Maybe. Never needed them.
what he said though i have not read the books