• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Salvation of God

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
1. Who may be saved?? All People - 1 Timothy 2:3-4

2. Who saves us?? Jesus Christ Only - Acts 4:12 :eek:

3. What must I believe to be saved??

a. That the Bible is True and without error! - Hebrews 2:1-4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 Romans 10:11

b. That you are a sinner and need to be saved. - Romans 3:23

c. That Jesus Christ is God. John 1:1

d. That you are saved be Grace.- Titus 2:11

e. Believe in the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. - Galations 1:6-9.

4. What must I do to be Saved by Jesus Christ??

a. Believe - Mark 16:16

b. True working Faith - James 2:14-26

c. Confession That Jesus is the Christ. - Romans 10:10

d. Repent and be Baptized - Acts 2:38-39

5. Are all who say they are Christians saved?? No, only the ones who obey God's Word - Matthew 7:21-23.

6. Can a Christian lose his salvation?? Yes, :( - 1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Peter 1:10, Galatians 5:4

:beach:

a. That the Bible is True and without error! - Hebrews 2:1-4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 Romans 10:11

5. Are all who say they are Christians saved?? No, only the ones who obey God's Word - Matthew 7:21-23.

6. Can a Christian lose his salvation?? Yes, :( - 1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Peter 1:10, Galatians 5:4

What does God save us from?

Ringer

Jar of Clay
13. What must I believe to be saved??

That seems a little complicated to me. I think there is only 1 thing you need to do to be saved.

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That seems a little complicated to me. I think there is only 1 thing you need to do to be saved.

that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
Oh?

Matthew 19:16-21 (NIV):
Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"

"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

"Which ones?" the man inquired.

Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

"All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?"

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
I don't see "belief" or "faith" anywhere in that list. ;)

I think Jesus said not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of God.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Oh?

Matthew 19:16-21 (NIV):

I don't see "belief" or "faith" anywhere in that list. ;)

I don't believe that Jesus was making the point that you have to obey a few commandments to have eternal life. What He was trying to show the man was:

1.) Only God is good so if you call me good, do you believe that I am God?

2.) You aren't as good as you think you are. If you supposedly kept all the commandments that Jesus summarized in his response, all you need to do is give your possessions to the poor and you'll be perfect.

Obviously the man didn't like that because he went away troubled. I believe the next verse says that it's easier for the camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to go to heaven or something like that. I don't think you'll find anywhere in the bible that you will receive salvation through keeping the commandment. It is by grace that you have been saved through faith. This parable isn't meant to address how to inherit eternal life. It was meant to show that God needs to be #1 in your life and that you cannot worship two master (ie God and money).

Bishka

Veteran Member

I'm quite curious to why this poster keeps listing scriptures and bits of words and nothing else. Are we supposed to just believe it on face value or is there a debate that they would like to go on? :cool:

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach

Well sorry :sorry1: you think that the Word of God is complicated. Looks real easy to me. Confession is just one part of salvation.

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
I think Jesus said not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of God.

You are right.

Matthew 7:21-23

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS

The fact is only the people who does the will of God will be saved. That same will I posted.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
I can find just as much, even more, to validate the Illiad, Necronomicon, Huck Finn, MacBeth, or any other book.
I'll even write my own book and claim it's true based on a few random lines that show it to be true.