• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Savior

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Supposedly when the long awaited ONE returns to whatever religion, is it really loving to create a codependent relationship?

Electra

the whole world is dependent on each other, may we become more dependent on each other. co-dependency is trust and safety

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the whole world is dependent on each other, may we become more dependent on each other. co-dependency is trust and safety
i think you're confusing interdependency and codependency. codependency is often seen in addictions. it isn't healthy.

codependency usually involves one service to self type and one service to everyone else but self type.

nothing to excess - oracle at delphi
neither to the left, nor the right, but straight and narrow is the way - jesus

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Supposedly when the long awaited ONE returns to whatever religion, is it really loving to create a codependent relationship?
God is my savior, I need no other. In Judaism, it is not the job of the messiah to be a savior like what christians think.

Electra

te
i think you're confusing interdependency and codependency. codependency is often seen in addictions. it isn't healthy.

codependency usually involves one service to self type and one service to everyone else but self type.

nothing to excess - oracle at delphi
neither to the left, nor the right, but straight and narrow is the way - jesus
technically, yes but codependency is often used as a way to talk negatively about people who have to rely on other people. codependency has been a word used against people desperate for love. we NEED love, we need to be loved. do we not want to be needed by the world? do we not want to be needed? codependency can turn into interdependency with love, but it does not have to. it is not necessarily a 'bad' thing