• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran! Amazing

In the Name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful

The Quran on Human Embryonic Development

531807_322668327789150_100001379557608_892122_249461660_n.jpg

For so many years, doctors were confused about which is created first in the fetus; the bones or the flesh? or are they created together?
After years of studies, it was proven that the bones are created first in every organ, and after a very short time, the muscles start to cover the bones.
Muslims had this written in the Quran over 1400 years ago!

Allah the Almighty says:

{Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay); (12) Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest firmly fixed; (13) Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then We developed out of it another creature: so blessed be Allah, the Best to create! (14) After that at length ye will die. (15) Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up}

{Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh". When this was clearly shown to him, he said, "I know (now) that Allah is Able to do all things."} [2:259].

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We just did this topic.... for the hundredth time...

When you have an original thought, let us know.

For the record, however, we have this...
Moore's work on the Qur'an has aroused controversy among embryologists such as PZ Myers.[15] In 2002, Moore chose not to be interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on the subject of his work on Islam, stating that "it's been ten or eleven years since I was involved in the Qur'an."[16]
Isn't it rather odd that such a renowned scientist would no longer wish to speak about the Qur'an. From what I understand he was quite taken back by how his words have been taken out of context, so much so, that he no longer even will discuss the matter.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Qur'an is not a science book, it is a book of faith.

Only Muslims are going to believe that there are scientific explanations in the Qur'an.

We're back at the "faith" thing again.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ok,

What do you think about it ?!!!!

Tell us!
I think that such "miracles" are evidence of the intellectual bankruptcy of those who promote such nonsense. I particularly love the "evidence" of the Big Bang in the Qur'an. That one is hilarious.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

Only Muslims are going to believe that there are scientific explanations in the Qur'an.

Good point. It's not like Muslims have nothing to work with. The Qur'an is part of a wider interesting historical experience, there is so much that can be said about this historical chapter and about genuine aspects of the Qur'an that I am not sure why there is a need to recycle this material. It doesn't flater the Qur'an, and none-Muslims are not going to see any value in this. Hell I have serious doubts that the majority of Muslims are going to see any value in this.

Why not discuss the literary landscape that produced the Qur'an? Arabia during the 7th century has progressed greatly in literature. Why not discuss the later Arabic literature the Qur'an was instrumental in inspiring?
this is just one area we can actually learn something from talking about, instead of recycling these 'Amazing facts'.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

That's what I don't quite fathom, Ssainhu. These so-called "arguments" only work if you are already a believer. In theory, only the least intelligent non-Muslims would be swayed by these kinds of "arguments", and yet they don't seem to be directed at Muslims, but rather, at non-Muslims who have faith in the scientific method... which these "theories" DO NOT subscribe to.

Rakhel

I believe that the Talmud has made the same claims the Quran does., only about 100 or so years earlier. Just that Jews don't demand that it be accepted as absolute proof.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Good point. It's not like Muslims have nothing to work with. The Qur'an is part of a wider interesting historical experience, there is so much that can be said about this historical chapter and about genuine aspects of the Qur'an that I am not sure why there is a need to recycle this material. It doesn't flater the Qur'an, and none-Muslims are not going to see any value in this. Hell I have serious doubts that the majority of Muslims are going to see any value in this.

Why not discuss the literary landscape that produced the Qur'an? Arabia during the 7th century has progressed greatly in literature. Why not discuss the later Arabic literature the Qur'an was instrumental in inspiring?
this is just one area we can actually learn something from talking about, instead of recycling these 'Amazing facts'.

That's what I don't quite fathom, Ssainhu. These so-called "arguments" only work if you are already a believer. In theory, only the least intelligent non-Muslims would be swayed by these kinds of "arguments", and yet they don't seem to be directed at Muslims, but rather, at non-Muslims who have faith in the scientific method... which these "theories" DO NOT subscribe to.

Agree with both of you. Unfortunately, these types of threads actually belittle Islam to simplistic terms...it does a great disservice to the religion and to the intelligence of Muslims overall.

beerisit

Agree with both of you. Unfortunately, these types of threads actually belittle Islam to simplistic terms...it does a great disservice to the religion and to the intelligence of Muslims overall.
I couldn't agree more. The people who keep bringing up this and all sorts of othyer "proofs" of the superiority of Islam seem to suffer from a serious inferiority complex. The same suspects seem to feel great resentment when Muslims like you and Badran (probably others too)express an ability to actually ask questions and examine some accepted Muslim beliefs. I don't mean disagree with, just question and examine, those who post threads like this one seem very put out by that level of intelligence. It must make life for some Muslims very difficult.:yes: