• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Secret

camanintx

I understand that you don't believe, but that alone does'nt make it non existent.
It's funny how many people want proof of God's existence or they won't believe,but they end up not believing based on insufficient data,emperical evidence or proof,call it what you like ,but either way you call it ,your position is nothing more than an assumption.
The reverse statement is also true, your belief alone doesn't make God real. Before I devote my life to worshiping a supernatural being, I don't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt, a simple preponderance of evidence would suffice. Unfortunately, the case for God so far is incredibly week.

I than ask you are you willing to bet your eternal destiny on that assumption,because that is all it is,an assumption,nothing more than guess work at best and this usually stems from an intellectual ignornace as opposed to sufficient evidence.
If heaven & hell are true, as I purpose it is,of course that does'nt make it true, but if hypothetically it is, then your unbelief is an irrelavant and meaningless position to take
You haven't learned anything from Pascal, have you? Your bet is only meaningful if the choice is between God and no God. But with an infinite number of potential Gods, how do you know you are worshiping the right God? With so many options, isn't skepticism the best course of action?

joeboonda

Ephesians 2

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
The reverse statement is also true, your belief alone doesn't make God real. Before I devote my life to worshiping a supernatural being, I don't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt, a simple preponderance of evidence would suffice. Unfortunately, the case for God so far is incredibly week.
You haven't learned anything from Pascal, have you? Your bet is only meaningful if the choice is between God and no God. But with an infinite number of potential Gods, how do you know you are worshiping the right God? With so many options, isn't skepticism the best course of action?
There is one sure way and you will never attain that position unless you first come to Christ.Then and only then unlike any other religious system will he give life and assurance of his presence and his power to touch and transform your life.
The problem is logic, in many it keeps them from the child like faith God requires we have in order to come to him.
Mar 10:15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
God is not as other so called gods where he leaves you hoping ,guessing your saved and serving the right god,he seals the deal by giving you a deposit which is his Holy Spirit the manifest presence of God.
If this was not present in conversion for me,no doctrine ,or teaching of man could ever convince me to just believe and hope for the best.
That would be skepticism at it's best.
Christianity is not based on this premise ,but full assurance only through the deposit of His Spirit at conversion,no other faith offers such assurance.
Only those who come to him will understand

That is the assurance and confirmation we are his.
He actually comes to live inside one who trusts him ,believes and receives him.
Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
This verse speaks of a spirutal birth,born again ,born of the spirit of God
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
2Cr 1:22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 4:30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
2Cr 5:5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.