• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Simpsons Movie

cardero

Citizen Mod
For the last 7 seasons I haven't been too thrilled with the Simpson's television entries. They seem to be a bit formulaic and do not have the same sense of riotous humor of the seasons before and for me they just been reduced to be time killers until the Family Guy main event. So what does everyone think? Is this movie just an extended television broadcast or is this special blockbuster event that every Simpson fan has been waiting for? I would also like to keep this thread open for any post theatrical release discussion.

Aqualung

Tasty
I still like the Simpsons a lot. But I don't know about a movie. Movies from television shows have generally been pretty dumb, and I don't know of any reason why this one would be any different.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
I'm not a very big Simpsons fan, allthough I'll probably watch it on DVD just to check it out.
Allthough, I wouldn't mind another South Park movie.

Ori

Angel slayer
I loved seasons 1-8, those were the classic years. But I think they've been too hit or miss ever since, so I doubt i'll see the movie.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Here is a sample critique and was my highest concern about a Simpson's movie.
There is so much gusto, such a willingness to go for broke and not look back, that it seems too good to be true. As is often the case with such situations, it is. As much energy as the movie's first act of nonsensical, random humor has, The Simpsons Movie falls into the trap so many features transitioning from the small screen have: It thinks too big in the wrong places. A plot forms and grows out of hand, and the humor, so fast and furious in the first half hour, takes the passenger seat.

This movie just seems like an extended version of the current formulaic T.V. series.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Simpsons; The Movie
Theater/ Color/ 87 Mins./ PG/ 2007
Simpsons are brought to the big screen and though I had my concerns they handled matters very professionally. Everyone gets a little limelight and the actors who voice the family get a better opportunity to act. The jokes are quick and sharp and the animation will never let you watch another television Simpson episode again in the the same way. If you are a fan then you owe it to yourself to see this film. You won't be disappointed.

Nanda

Polyanna
I haven't watched The Simpsons in almost 8 years - it just wasn't funny to me anymore. But I went to see the movie last night, and I really, really liked it. A lot. :D

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
It was awful, then again so is the tv show. I laughed once and that was at the spider-pig joke, I'm just glad I didn't waste money on it because I would have demanded a refund.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I thought it was pretty good. Anyways, it does call you an idiot for paying to see the movie at the beginning.