• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Sin of a Father

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
The sin or lack of faith of the Father can be death to the child.

Judges 11:30----Jephthah's lack of faith

Judges 11:34-36-----The Price of Jephthah lack of Faith

2 Samuel 11:1-24----David's sin

2 Samuel 12:13-18-----The Price of David's sin

Pray that our children do not have to pay for our Sins or lack of Faith.

:sad4:

Ronald

Little out of Charactor for a NT Christian!
It seems to me your preachers teach that the Law/Torah was nailed to the cross!
Do you want the "Ten Commandments" posted in all public buildings? If not? Why not?

Shalom

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
You do not know what you are talking about. I believe in All of God's Word, from Genesis to Revelation. I have no problem with the posting of the "Ten Commandments"in public buildings.

Do you still slaughter animals for offerings to God and to make atonement? If Not Why.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
There are some mixed messages on the subject...

Deuteronomy 24:16
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Deuteronomy 5:9
I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Exodus 34:7
Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
"Daddy worked his whole life
For nothing but the pain.
Now he walks these empty rooms
Looking for something to blame.
You inherit the sins, you inherit the flames.
Adam raised a Cain." - Bruce Springsteen, Adam Raised a Cain

This is one of the features of Christianity that has always fascinated me, that sins are inherited. Birth is the beginning of New Life. It is a new journey being explored by a new individual. How is that individual the inheritor of Eve's and Adam's sin?

Because we raise them to be, right? We give them the sin with the classification of what is "sin" and what is "not sin." We give them the associations of "sex" = "sin."

"We're born with nothing,
And better off that way.
Soon as you got something they send
Someone to try and take it away." - Bruce Springsteen, Something in the Night

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Because we raise them to be, right? We give them the sin with the classification of what is "sin" and what is "not sin." We give them the associations of "sex" = "sin."

Weak as the winter sun, we enter life on earth.
Names and religion comes just after date of birth.
And everybody gets a tongue to speak,
And everyone hears an inner voice,
A day at the end of the week to wonder and rejoice.

If the answer is infinite light, why do we sleep in the dark?
- Paul Simon, "How Can You Live in the Northeast?"

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Is a classification the same as behavior in this view?

I would say yes and no.

While the behavior may come out anyway, it would not be necessarily classified as "sin." It would simply be a natural response to something.

H.G. Wells wrote:

"Very much indeed of what we call moral education is such an artificial modification and perversion of instinct; pugnacity is trained into courageous self-sacrifice, and suppressed sexuality into religious emotion."

When a wolf kills and devours a baby deer, does it classify that kill as sin? No. It classifies it as an action that satiates hunger.

But, by being raised in an environment that classifies some things as sinful, that certainly can change behavior. I cannot hunt and kill deer without thinking, "Is this somehow sinful?"

Ronald

You do not know what you are talking about. I believe in All of God's Word, from Genesis to Revelation. I have no problem with the posting of the "Ten Commandments"in public buildings.

Do you still slaughter animals for offerings to God and to make atonement? If Not Why.
If what you say is true, why did you not follow the fourth commandment?
No, there is no slaughter of animals! There is no Temple.
BTW Yeshua's sacrifice "Once for All." You greatly misunderstand. To quote Yeshua, "You do greatly err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

You need "Understanding the Difficult Words of Jesus" by Bivins & Blizzard.
A primer, then the Mishnah! Discover the real Moshiach!

Shalom

Ronald

Rev. 22:14 Blessed are they who do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter in through the gates of the city.15 Outside are ----
Nothing unclean shall enter!
Before Jesus Christ was coined, Mariam called her son Yeshua and Y H V H said from heaven, "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased."
Yeshua is the "Lamb of God" who takes away the sin of the world.

Shalom