• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Unadulterated Mohel.

John D. Brey

I’m going to brutally honest here
And I love the Jewish people and I genuinely mean no offence to anyone

But I’ve always found the sucking baby blood out, to be weird
I totally understand IT ISNT SEXUAL, but from the outside I’m sure you understand it can seem a bit… odd… to someone who isn’t Jewish

To take your child to an elderly rabbi, to be cut and sucked

I’ve always thought why not just have someone with a rag and make sure it doesn’t spill on the ground, if that’s a part of the ritual

Why suck it out for?
Is it not archaic and outdated?
Why not use a pipette or something?

Also is this not verging on a form of blood magic or superstition?

I’m just being brutally honest of my opinion on this one

To be brutally honest, I don't see how people can't see the seemingly clear symbolism.

If the phallus is the tree of life, and to some extent it is, and if it's adulterated with the fruit of death (senescence) and it is, then how difficult is it to take the Jewish theologumenon whereby the tree of knowledge grows from the same root as the tree of life seriously such that it implies that when you cut the tree of knowledge, the foreskene of death, off the tree of life, ala circumcision, you're left with a tree of life not adulterated with death.

With that as the backdrop, the adage that the ox that grinds the wheat should be the first to eat, should make perfect sense of the mohel getting first dibs on the elixir of everlasting life.

John

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
Wow, it's really on your mind.
I didn’t think the avatar statement was remotely sexual

I thought it was a cryptic description of a certain experience, or perhaps an excerpt from a poem or song that held particular personal meaning

christos

To be brutally honest, I don't see how people can't see the seemingly clear symbolism.

If the phallus is the tree of life, and to some extent it is, and if it's adulterated with the fruit of death (senescence) and it is, then how difficult is it to take the Jewish theologumenon whereby the tree of knowledge grows from the same root as the tree seriously such that it implies that when you cut the tree of knowledge, the foreskene of death, off the tree of life, ala circumcision, you're left with a tree of life not adulterated with death.

With that as the backdrop, the adage that the ox that grinds the wheat should be the first to eat, should make perfect sense of the mohel getting first dibs on the elixir of everlasting life.

John
Ah that’s kind of interesting in terms of the symbology

Thank you for that insight, I’m ignorant of Jewish traditions

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I didn’t think the avatar statement was remotely sexual

I thought it was a cryptic description of a certain experience, or perhaps an excerpt from a poem or song that held particular personal meaning
It's actually the title of a book. I think it's hilarious!

christos

Ah you see I thought maybe some sort of creative writing, wasn’t sure, went with poem or song

I imagine a sleepy person, wanting to go bed and not realising their beds on fire when they lay down

For some reason that was the image I just got and the silliness of that image is funny

Kathryn

Ah you see I thought maybe some sort of creative writing, wasn’t sure, went with poem or song

I imagine a sleepy person, wanting to go bed and not realising their beds on fire when they lay down

For some reason that was the image I just got and the silliness of that image is funny
Or somebody drunk or whatever. Anyway, I just like the sound of the title! It has no bearing on real life.

christos

Now what may be seen as a sexual inuendo is the image of a bed/your bed as your profile banner

Unless ofcourse you just really f***ing love being in bed, I LOVE a good nap time!

Kathryn

Now what may be seen as a sexual inuendo is the image of a bed/your bed as your profile banner

Unless ofcourse you just really f***ing love being in bed, I LOVE a good nap time!
I actually think I have a photo of my bed as a profile banner. I am going to go look right now!