• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Vatican has Secrets: that's unchristian

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Roman Catholics will be always Christians.

Vatican was never even close to Christianity.

The Pope is however just a figure there.
There is another 'Pope' who runs the show.

This topic is too sensitive to be discussed on forum.

@Esrtro Felino
Be carefull about these talks , Vatican is no joke.
It is one honest advice.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Catholic Church has secrets!! I'm shocked. Next thing, you'll be telling me that The Pope is a Catholic.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Roman Catholics will be always Christians.
Of course I didn't mean Catholics.

The dome beyond the Tiber is not the same thing as those countryside parsons you can meet across Italy.
They are holy men.
Vatican was never even close to Christianity.
Power corrupts anything.

The Pope is however just a figure there.
There is another 'Pope' who runs the show.

This topic is too sensitive to be discussed on forum.
You can PM me, of course. That's what private conversations are for.
@Esrtro Felino
Be carefull about these talks , Vatican is no joke.
It is one honest advice.
I have never been afraid of Vatican...honestly.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I rarely even think about the Vatican and I am definitely a Roman Catholic Christian.

InChrist

Free4ever
The trouble with that is then no one will confess anything or even go to confession.
Why? How about going directly to our Mediator, Jesus Christ, being honest, repenting, seeking His forgiveness, and change to turn us from sin to righteousness?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 8-10

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why? How about going directly to our Mediator, Jesus Christ, being honest, repenting, seeking His forgiveness, and change to turn us from sin to righteousness?

One can do both, but Jesus directed the apostles to guide his church and that they had to power to bind or forgive sins.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
You and well over 1 billion others.
So?
What is the point of what you wrote?
I only said what i think of Vatican , not of Roman Catholics.
With their actions through centuries they have demonstrated why the ordinary Christian has doubt over their supremacy.
It's just like it is.

Of course you don't, but it begs what you appear to be hiding.
I don't find it safe to talk about this staff so publically.Maybe in PM , if you are interested.

InChrist

Free4ever
One can do both, but Jesus directed the apostles to guide his church and that they had to power to bind or forgive sins.
Yes, the Apostles did, but the Apostles were selected directly by Christ especially at that time, for the establishment of the church, and spreading the gospel. They are gone not, but Jesus Christ is the High Priest and Mediator…

But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. 12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. Hebrews 9:11-15

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't find it safe to talk about this staff so publically.Maybe in PM , if you are interested.

Nah, as I'm pretty sure I already as I heard it on a regular basis in the fundamentalist Protestant church I grew up in and left. Fortunately, I dated a Catholic woman, went to mass a few times with her, took two Catholic theology classes at college, ended up marrying another Catholic and have gone to mass regularly with her for 57 years now even though I am no longer Catholic.