• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "What are you listening to?" thread- Part 4

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This song I'll link yas to brings me to tears every time I hear it, and let me explain why.

Over 50 years ago, I dated a young Italian woman who was also a very devout Catholic, and even though I wasn't Catholic, I went to mass with her three times. After going together for 5 months, she dropped me, and that was my fault because I was so insecure.

Two years later fate brought us back together again, and this time we both fell madly in love with each other. However, I was also dating another Italian woman who was so much like her and in so many ways, I ended up going with the latter and we ended up getting married a bit later.

When I told the former that I had to leave her for another, that was the most single depressing conversation I have ever had in my 76 years because she changed my life in so many different ways. The last thing I wanted to do was to hurt her or the woman I married.

This song reminds me of that terribly depressing conversation, as it's about a man who must leave his love because he's leaving to go permanently overseas. However, paying honor to my first love makes it worth the tears. C****, this is for you, and I will always have you in my heart until the day I die:

Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman - Time To Say Goodbye (HD) - YouTube

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In loving memory of John Lennon (October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980).

264262737_156214216730587_3269042823515586580_n.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In Remembrance of Michael Nesmith (December 30, 1942 - December 10, 2021). Rest In Peace, Papa Nez. :twohearts:

Last edited: