• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "What are you listening to?" thread- Part 4

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I saw where you mentioned seeing Dylan twice in the sixties. I was fortunate enough to see him three times:

July 26, 1897 at Anaheim Stadium (California) with the Grateful Dead
May 23, 1998 at Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim preceded by Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell.
April 25, 2001 at Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

I was never a big fan, but I was a big Grateful Dead fan, and the Dead covered dozens of his songs. My wife and I played in a Grateful Dead cover band for years, and did several Dylan songs that we learned listening to the Grateful Dead (I only ever owned one Dylan album - Time Out of Mind)

All of these are Dylan songs we covered, which you may know and might like hearing again:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I saw where you mentioned seeing Dylan twice in the sixties. I was fortunate enough to see him three times:

July 26, 1897 at Anaheim Stadium (California) with the Grateful Dead
May 23, 1998 at Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim preceded by Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell.
April 25, 2001 at Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

I was never a big fan, but I was a big Grateful Dead fan, and the Dead covered dozens of his songs. My wife and I played in a Grateful Dead cover band for years, and did several Dylan songs that we learned listening to the Grateful Dead (I only ever owned one Dylan album - Time Out of Mind)

All of these are Dylan songs we covered, which you may know and might like hearing again:

I think it was actually sheer luck that I got interested in Dylan, although no doubt having heard his songs on the radio. A friend at work knew of the 1965 Albert Hall concert and a few of us hence went together - with me then buying all of his early albums. I was in Manchester the following year so obviously was eager to see him again. I foolishly left my record collection at a friend's house over one holiday and another boy living there ruined most of these early albums - scratches and such - although fortunately he left the rest alone. :eek:

@It Aint Necessarily So - I had a listen to these. Very nice, and no doubt you had some good times with the band. One of my regrets that I never got to play an instrument even though I probably had the fingers for such. :D

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One of my very favourite anti-war pieces: Benedictus from "The Armed Man, a Mass for Peace" by the Welsh composer Karl Jenkins. Played by Stjepan Hauser, Croation cellist.