• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To? Thread - Part Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Plagarizing The Onion's AV Club, I've been chronicling my IPod on 'shuffle" for the last hour or so:

The Germs: Lexicon Devil
Dead Can Dance: Song of Sophia
Blackalicious: Nia
The Germs: Strange Notes
Bad Religion: Materialist
Portishead: Glory Box
P.J. Harvey: Sheela Na Gig
Bad Brains: I Against I
The Clash: This is Radio Clash
DJ Shadow: Mashin' on the Motorway
M.I.A.: Bucky Done Gun

Circle_One

Plagarizing The Onion's AV Club, I've been chronicling my IPod on 'shuffle" for the last hour or so:

The Germs: Lexicon Devil
Dead Can Dance: Song of Sophia
Blackalicious: Nia
The Germs: Strange Notes
Bad Religion: Materialist
Portishead: Glory Box
P.J. Harvey: Sheela Na Gig
Bad Brains: I Against I
The Clash: This is Radio Clash
DJ Shadow: Mashin' on the Motorway
M.I.A.: Bucky Done Gun

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Really, you're a ******* Germs fan too?? I really don't think I could possibly fall more in love with you! This is just getting ridiculous now.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Really, you're a ******* Germs fan too?? I really don't think I could possibly fall more in love with you! This is just getting ridiculous now.
Saw The Germs- or what my punk phanatic phriend described as "Jerms" ('cause Darby is long dead of course)- at the Warped Tour back in August '07(?). Shane West did a fine job. At one point some bellowing heckler kept shouting "You're not Darby Crash!" over and over and West logically and simply replied "Well yeah. He's dead."

Aaaahhhhh.... to be 12 again and hear X for the first time.

Circle_One, if you are addicted to iced coffee, have one kid, and have an unhealthy obssession with The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, you might be my doppelganger.

Or vice-versa. :eek:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
When I was driving home this evening, I heard "Rooser" by Alice in Chains. Sigh...

I heart Alice in Chains.

Right now, I'm listening to Would, because it's a great song.

Circle_One

Saw The Germs- or what my punk phanatic phriend described as "Jerms" ('cause Darby is long dead of course)- at the Warped Tour back in August '07(?). Shane West did a fine job. At one point some bellowing heckler kept shouting "You're not Darby Crash!" over and over and West logically and simply replied "Well yeah. He's dead."

Aaaahhhhh.... to be 12 again and hear X for the first time.

Circle_One, if you are addicted to iced coffee, have one kid, and have an unhealthy obssession with The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, you might be my doppelganger.

Or vice-versa. :eek:

Ahh, to finally have someone to talk to who actually knows the movies I love that no one else has ever heard of AND the music I love that no one else knows.

I'm afraid I'm not addicted to iced coffee (I'm a pepsi girl, personally) and I don't know the cartoon, but I DO have one kid... So maybe I'm not your doppleganger, but it's getting creepier and creepier how much we seem to have in common!

When the "Germs" played Warped with Shane West, they didn't end up coming to Montreal, which made me happy and sad at the same time. I wasn't (and still am not) sure how I feel about that reunion. As an obsessed fan/diciple/worshipper of Darby's, I have a hard time accepting anyone else in his position, however, it's still the Germs and while I feel how I do about Darby, he was not the only one who made the bad (I have the blue Germs circle tattooed around my navel ;) They're my favorite band), so I've been conflicted. I have heard, however, that Shane did a good job, so I'm inclined to give him a chance. (I was a little lucky at that Warped though, because I did get to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, which made me happy enough).

For the record though, while the songs on your playlist are amazing, the BEST Germs song is, of course, Circle One ;)

With that in mind, I'm presently listening to Sonic Reducer by the Dead Boys.

Circle_One

Pulling on the Boots by Master Race (From the movie Romper Stomper). A lot of people confuse this song as being by Skrewdriver and called "Skinhead", but it's not by them and that's not it's title.

Status
Not open for further replies.