• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What're You Watching On TV Thread

anders

A TV set might steal valuable language study time, so I don't own one. In the unlikely case that there would be a program that might be interesting to me, mother or a sister would spot it and tell me, and I very theoretically might look at it in mother's apartment, or have her tape it for me.

cardero

Citizen Mod
KEEPING UP APPEARANCES (1990-1995)

PLOT SUMMARY (courtesy IMDB) :Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "bouquet") continually looks for opportunities to climb the social ladder, though she's wedged on a rung just below her sister Violet (whose house has a swimming pool, sauna, and room for a pony) and just above her working class sisters Daisy and Rose. Hyacinth's passion for flawless entertaining unnerves her neighbor Elizabeth, who is often invited to the Bucket home for coffee. Elizabeth's divorced brother Emmet, who also lives next door to the Buckets, tries to avoid Hyacinth because she breaks into song in his presence in the hope he'll cast her in one of his "little theater" musical productions.

SIDE NOTES: This show was first introduced to me through a woman I was seeing in the late 90's. I became so hooked on this show that my partner and I made it a weekly routine to view it on PBS. It is also where I fell in love with the late but talented Mary Millar. Recently all 5 seasons have been released on a 14-disc set. Let’s see if I can spark the same encouragement from mrscardero who seems to put a resistance to British comedies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Lately I have been watching a four disc series of comedians that Dick Cavett interviewed on his show. Guests include Jerry Lewis, Bill Cosby. Mel Brooks, Woody Allen (appears on three different episodes and plays clarinet!!), Bob Hope, Carol Burnett, Ruth Gorden, Groucho Marx, Lucile Ball, George Burns and the Smother Brothers. These shows aired circa 1969.