• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The White House could smell of curry?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Well, that works for me -- probably one of the few things that might make me wish to visit. I'm a huge curry fan, and the Indian resto near where I live makes a world-class Tikka Masala! Can't say enough good about it.

A Donald Trump ally has come under criticism after making a derogatory comment about Kamala Harris’ Indian heritage, stating that the White House would “smell like curry” if Harris were to become president. White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre rebuked Trump’s connection to Laura Loomer, who made the offensive remarks, calling them “repugnant.”

Trump, aren't you at least a little afraid that you might become know by the company you keep?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Well, that works for me -- probably one of the few things that might make me wish to visit. I'm a huge curry fan, and the Indian resto near where I live makes a world-class Tikka Masala! Can't say enough good about it.

Tikka Masals is good but nothing compared to Rogan Josh. Both are best paired with samosa and mango lassi.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Tikka Masals is good but nothing compared to Rogan Josh. Both are best paired with samosa and mango lassi.
I've loved Indian cooking everywhere I've been (which unfortunately is not as far as I'd like). Great spots in Toronto -- even better ones in London where I had the best vindaloo, that piqued but didn't scar my tongue. I've been working on the techniques myself -- I now make my own ghee, and I've got a beautiful marble mortar and pestle to break down spices.

But most of all, I love the smell of a good curry! Laura Loomer, apparently, has no decent nose at all.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've loved Indian cooking everywhere I've been (which unfortunately is not as far as I'd like). Great spots in Toronto -- even better ones in London where I had the best vindaloo, that piqued but didn't scar my tongue. I've been working on the techniques myself -- I now make my own ghee, and I've got a beautiful marble mortar and pestle to break down spices.

But most of all, I love the smell of a good curry! Laura Loomer, apparently, has no decent nose at all.
Our favourite discovery there a few years back was called Dosarama in Scarborough. South Indian, but their lunch buffet was huge for something like 10 bucks. Being a vegetarian, my selections in Indian food are more limited than yours.

Wandering Monk

Laura Loomer, Trump's new love interest. She is bat**** crazy. She told Tim Pool she wanted Democrats executed for treason. Fit nicely with Trump's assertion to SCOTUS that the President can have his political opponents killed and wants military tribunals for them.

Secret Chief

Degrow!

Curry is the national dish of the UK! The country is awash with Indian restaurants. Mmmmmmmmmmmm....
My favourite curry is the one that happens to be in front of me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Our favourite discovery there a few years back was called Dosarama in Scarborough. South Indian, but their lunch buffet was huge for something like 10 bucks. Being a vegetarian, my selections in Indian food are more limited than yours.
The one nearest me, that I really like, is called Tamasha. It is patronized mostly by people from the sub-continent, and has a very good vegetarian selection.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Wasn't Tikka Masala invented (Not sure that's the right word) in Wolverhampton, England?

Claimed by multiple places, including Glasgow.
Yes, but by cooks from South Asia. Good enough for me! Much food from the orient is also created, by oriental chefs, in their adopted homelands, often to make use of readily available native produce rather than what could be easily got "back home." Go to China and try ordering some of the offerings in Chinese restaurants in the West, and you'll get some weird looks. Crab Rangoon, for example, is just about impossible to find in China, simply because cream cheese is very rare there.

On the other hand, Kung Pau Chicken, while available both in America and China, is different in each place, because in America sichuan peppers were banned as "dangerous for human consumption" from 1968 to 2005, so bell peppers were usually substituted.