• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is Hope! Someday the Amish will Arrive!

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I was reading an interesting website about the Amish (seems to be actually affiliated with the Amish) and well according to it the Amish can use technology and electricity, but they only believe in correct and beneficial uses and as long as its uses are not "worldly"

Do Amish use technology? » Amish America

Do Amish use electricity? » Amish America

Do the Amish use computers and the internet? » Amish America

Even if they do join RF and become active members, you'll most likely scare them off. :p

CynthiaCypher

Things is now we know that the Amish can use the internet, now all we have to do is get them here. I will volunteer as our diplomat and I will make overtures to the Amish and invite them here. What say you guys?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Things is now we know that the Amish can use the internet, now all we have to do is get them here. I will volunteer as our diplomat and I will make overtures to the Amish and invite them here. What say you guys?

Just leave your atomic sarcasm at home. Sorry toots, but Rev is right on this one.

Tom

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Proceedest thou.
I, for one, am eager for any intercourse with this community.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's not true.
True!
I've had to mop up some of the blood trails leading to the RF bathroom.
(I get time & a half for that kind'o work.)
mDSC00324.jpg
Z

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Certainly, youth on rumspringa could come here.
But the elders would find us too rude & worldly.
(They'd be right.)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Certainly, youth on rumspringa could come here.
But the elders would find us too rude & worldly.
(They'd be right.)

Half of that description fits me. I'll leave it to rest of you malingerers to work out which half.

;)

It would be interesting to have representatives of the Amish here, but after watching Amish Mafia, I'm a little scared about the criminal element we'd be inviting in.
Anywhoos, we'd need someone tough to deal with them, given their propensity to violence. I reckon CC is the right choice.
:yes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Uh oh....you just broached the idea of an "RF Mafia"!
There's a spiffy new thread idea....it's yours...you start it & get the credit!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Maybe we can assign an RF messenger to go to the and ask them questions for us?

If it is in their beliefs not to use technology, I think it is near to impossible they will appear here.

Oh, it is in there beliefs, and I respect that. I don't blame them for it specially that they are peaceful and harmless people.

I'd love to talk to an Amish lady tho :D