• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things are going the right way :D

Ponder This

So just read that Russia wants to add military training to the curriculum in their schools, what a good idea. I know that Poland has done the same.

If there is anything the world needs at the moment, it is to teach children the important value of military training. You never know when you are going to need the skill of being able to fire an assault rifle :D

The chances of this world ever getting any better seems to get worse day by day, people (world's leaders) are more interested in killing and exploiting each other than solving problems. The chance of ever dealing with the climate issue is a joke at this point.

Russia reintroduce 'basic military training' to teach pupils how to use assault rifles
Russia is reportedly reintroducing “basic military training” to the school curriculum from next year teaching young children how to assemble automatic rifles in a return to “Soviet-era school classes”. Boys and girls in Russian schools will be taught how to “get to grips with assault rifles”, according to a Russian newspaper, in a move that has divided opinions among locals. Reading out an extract from the paper, BBC Russia correspondent Steve Rosenberg reported that one Russian mother supported the move because it was important to be “prepared for the reality of today”, while another Muscovite said there was “no place” for military drills in schools and that they should be a place of “peace and happiness”.

Russia set to teach schoolchildren how to assemble assault weapons

Article was not informative. I give it an F for failure on basic points of import.
They say "young children" and don't mention the actual age of students.
The article refers to training practices of the past but does not indicate what training practices are currently planned (or currently implemented).
The article is ****.

Here is a better article:
Parent Anger as Russia Rolls Out Soviet-Era 'Military Training' in Schools

Information includes:
Gerasimov had proposed that the courses, taught by combat veterans, consist of at least 140 hours of basic training for 10th and 11th graders.

Kravtsov said Wednesday that the classes will be extracurricular.

Students will learn about personal protective equipment, first aid, weapons and how to handle them, the basics of shooting, and the use and construction of hand grenades.

High school students will also learn how to operate in modern combined arms combat, and what a single trench is. They will also study the composition and armament of a motorized rifle squad on an infantry fighting vehicle, and the engineering equipment of a soldier's position, the official said.

It's also worth noting that neither article mentions the fact that clubs for military training already exist in Russia for some Kindergarteners. Huh. You would think that would be so incredibly relevant that there is no way a professional journalist would fail to mention it. A high-quality A+ article might even have mentioned the practices of other countries for comparison and possibly a few things a reader might not immediately think to consider.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So just read that Russia wants to add military training to the curriculum in their schools, what a good idea. I know that Poland has done the same.

If there is anything the world needs at the moment, it is to teach children the important value of military training. You never know when you are going to need the skill of being able to fire an assault rifle :D

The chances of this world ever getting any better seems to get worse day by day, people (world's leaders) are more interested in killing and exploiting each other than solving problems. The chance of ever dealing with the climate issue is a joke at this point.

Russia reintroduce 'basic military training' to teach pupils how to use assault rifles
Russia is reportedly reintroducing “basic military training” to the school curriculum from next year teaching young children how to assemble automatic rifles in a return to “Soviet-era school classes”. Boys and girls in Russian schools will be taught how to “get to grips with assault rifles”, according to a Russian newspaper, in a move that has divided opinions among locals. Reading out an extract from the paper, BBC Russia correspondent Steve Rosenberg reported that one Russian mother supported the move because it was important to be “prepared for the reality of today”, while another Muscovite said there was “no place” for military drills in schools and that they should be a place of “peace and happiness”.

Russia set to teach schoolchildren how to assemble assault weapons
I can understand Poland doing that. They are justifiably afraid with Russia as a next door neighbor. I do not see any dreams of conquest coming out of Poland. I can see that coming from Russia.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
It already is, or was...

It's called ROTC.

Exactly, which is yet another reason why I understand how positive it’s effects can be on an individual’s potential and character. I would approve of similar training becoming a more common thing among younger generations. It will only make them stronger.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Exactly, which is yet another reason why I understand how positive it’s effects can be on an individual’s potential and character. I would approve of similar training becoming a more common thing among younger generations. It will only make them stronger.

Are you a current or former professional soldier?

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Do you know what is also great about military training? It creates amazing sheeps that will not question orders.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you know what is also great about military training? It creates amazing sheeps that will not question orders.
No. Military service reinforces a person's character and reaching limits and hurdles that they think they cannot personally obtain. It also gives a population a chance of survival if they become invaded by another power.