• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Do Not Understand

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I don't understand why I like the corn bread my wife makes so much.... it is rather plain and has no sugar in it...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
contrary majorgeeks.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Human nature.
You could take the biggest, most devastating bomb, hide it in the deepest cave in the remotest part of the world.
Wire up a button to detonate the bomb. Paint in foot high florescent red paint.
"End of the world button. Do not press under any circumstances"
The paint wouldn't have time to dry before someone pressed.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm guessing it's because of that one blessed emotion that dominates and holds all successful relationships together.

I am of course talking about fear.
Sam doesn't fear me enough to eat what I prepare.

What am I doing wrong?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Sam doesn't fear me enough to eat what I prepare.

What am I doing wrong?
Apparently you're not acting creepy enough.

Try sitting on the edge of the bed at 3:00 in the morning staring at him, with just enough light shining through the curtains to illuminate your unblinking eyes.

Then when he wakes up and sees you, smile widely and hold it just a little bit too long . . .

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently you're not acting creepy enough.

Try sitting on the edge of the bed at 3:00 in the morning staring at him, with just enough light shining through the curtains to illuminate your unblinking eyes.

Then when he wakes up and sees you, smile widely and hold it just a little bit too long . . .
He's already up, pilfering candy out of drawers.

(He desperately wants people to believe he doesn't eat sweets, so stashes it around so no one sees him.)