• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's true, most parrots are left handed.

81lpg2.jpg

Not a parrot but confirms your claim for birds in general. Particularly female birds

ChristineM

Premium Member
Eating garlic is good bug repellent.

Handy to know, this time of year we use a repellent spray on all exposed skin. It works for most but my eldest daughter gets bitten to death. So she's going on a garlic regime.

@Quagmire, is that a whole bulb or a clove?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Eating garlic is good bug repellent.

Handy to know, this time of year we use a repellent spray on all exposed skin. It works for most but my eldest daughter gets bitten to death. So she's going on a garlic regime.

@Quagmire, is that a whole bulb or a clove?
I usually try to eat three good sized cloves, one clove at a time with a 20 minute or a half an hour break in between (eating too much in one sitting can make you nauseous).

Best way to take it is to mash it up and let it sit in the open air for 15 minutes before you eat it. Supposedly this activates the ingredient that bugs don't like.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
ITT, we post bits of wisdom we learn on RF...to consolidate the wisdom shared on this forum into one "RF Book of Wisdom"...if you will.

He who is not handsome at 20, strong at 30, rich at 40 or wise at 50 will never be handsome, strong, rich or wise.

Sympathy is what you offer in exchange for the details.

Data are not information. Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom.

An optimist is someone who thinks he'll feel more like cleaning up in the morning.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I usually try to eat three good sized cloves, one clove at a time with a 20 minute or a half an hour break in between (eating too much in one sitting can make you nauseous).

Best way to take it is to mash it up and let it sit in the open air for 15 minutes before you eat it. Supposedly this activates the ingredient that bugs don't like.

Cheers, she'll give it a try. Good job she likes garlic;-)

Tomef

He who is not handsome at 20, strong at 30, rich at 40 or wise at 50 will never be handsome, strong, rich or wise.

Sympathy is what you offer in exchange for the details.

Data are not information. Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom.

An optimist is someone who thinks he'll feel more like cleaning up in the morning.
Umlauts and pessimism go together.