• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned on RF Today

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I learned that babies can be born without arseholes.
Checked on Google, true, Imperforate anus or anorectal malformations is a real thing.
And the same genetic hiccup causes other various defects within the skeletal and urinary systems, all of which can cover a wide range of severity.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
1 in 6,000 or about 600 in the U.S. annually. So, yes, rare enough to be a shock to parents and an "oh my" to small town doctors.
Yes, very true. I would hate everything about having a baby with that defect.

Spice

Thanks for the link, but I've been there, done that, and will not need to repeat, though the ripples still make waves to this day. There's a plethora of "things to come" with the initial diagnosis, though no certainties of when, what, nor why. It's a lifetime of SURPRISE.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Thanks for the link, but I've been there, done that, and will not need to repeat, though the ripples still make waves to this day. There's a plethora of "things to come" with the initial diagnosis, though no certainties of when, what, nor why. It's a lifetime of SURPRISE.
I bet it is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

How old is she/he now?

Spice

How old is she/he now?
He's 42. He's been through worse health issues than those of the first few years. When one genetic mishap occurs it's not unusual for there to be others. The most severe and dangerous was Chiari Malformation, but he's more than 20 years past the decompression and still under speciality care for epilepsy he developed and other numerological possibilities. The most closely watched situation now is kidney failure. He was declared at stage 3 previously, but the most recent status moved him back to stage 2. He's very careful watching his blood pressure that is a result of the kidney malformations that came with rectal agenesis.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
He's 42. He's been through worse health issues than those of the first few years. When one genetic mishap occurs it's not unusual for there to be others. The most severe and dangerous was Chiari Malformation, but he's more than 20 years past the decompression and still under speciality care for epilepsy he developed and other numerological possibilities. The most closely watched situation now is kidney failure. He was declared at stage 3 previously, but the most recent status moved him back to stage 2. He's very careful watching his blood pressure that is a result of the kidney malformations that came with rectal agenesis.

Wow. I have a friend who's child was 2lb12oz at birth, the first months here hell, will the baby live or die, the next 10 years were a worry, developmental issues, but things worked out eventually. For you bringing up a child to adulthood must have been so much pressure. And even now constant worry. I think it takes something special to cope.

Spice

Wow. I have a friend who's child was 2lb12oz at birth, the first months here hell, will the baby live or die, the next 10 years were a worry, developmental issues, but things worked out eventually. For you bringing up a child to adulthood must have been so much pressure. And even now constant worry. I think it takes something special to cope.
We all have our challenges, don't we?

As Mother Theresa is credited as having said: "I know God won't give me more than I can handle, but I do wish He didn't trust me so much." At least some days, I have that sentiment.