• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things just get worse and worse.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
So not only am I trying to scramble and find a new place to live - and gather the money needed to move, which I don't have - the water is going to be shut off in a day or two because the landlord doesn't pay the bill. The water bill is almost $300. Plus, my mom had some things in the pawn shop and that's going to be lost at the end of the month unless I can figure out how to take care of that.

Life sure loves to **** me over. I can't handle this. :(

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Well your land lord seems to keep giving you more and more time to get everything together, so odds are you'll get more time with the water too!

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So not only am I trying to scramble and find a new place to live - and gather the money needed to move, which I don't have - the water is going to be shut off in a day or two because the landlord doesn't pay the bill. The water bill is almost $300. Plus, my mom had some things in the pawn shop and that's going to be lost at the end of the month unless I can figure out how to take care of that.

Life sure loves to **** me over. I can't handle this. :(

I don't know how things work out there, but have you ever thought about selling candies in the street ?
Plenty of people do that around here to earn a living. They hop from bus to bus to sell their stuff.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I don't know how things work out there, but have you ever thought about selling candies in the street ?
Plenty of people do that around here to earn a living. They hop from bus to bus to sell their stuff.
Well, if "candies" means drugs, there's quite a market for that here.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I don't think encouraging Saintji to sell candies in buses will solve anything.

Will being way more problems to him.

Actually I don't think suggesting selling candies on a public forum is a good idea at all <_<'

Aum Namah Shivaya

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
300$ is too much !!
In my region the water it for free,in other cities it's about $5 per 3 months.

Now I can imgine how hard life there.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
Haha, I hear ya.

I really meant it though. It has a somewhat flexible schedule and no employer.
I know it is not anyone's dream job, but considering your circumstances...

You do realize that bringing up illegal subjects are a bit against the rules on RF.:cool: But I think the staff here will take it easy on you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
300$ is too much !!
In my region the water it for free,in other cities it's about $5 per 3 months.

Now I can imgine how hard life there.
My water bill jumped by double a few years back when the city built a superduper new filtration and waste disposal plant.
It's now about $15 per month and I could use 10× as much before the bill went up a couple of dollars.
Cities are more expensive, but $300 means that the bill hasn't been paid in a long time.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well, I've done one good thing for myself so far today. I scheduled an intake appointment with a social worker at OSU for therapy. I haven't been in therapy in over 2 years and never really addressed the actual issues. I now have a much better grasp on the specific problems I have (a mixture of avoidant personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, PTSD, severe depression and anxiety), so I think this time around will go much better for me. Those things cannot be treated by medication alone.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I can pretty quickly tell who's never been poor just by their responses to topics like this. If the issue was simply a matter of perseverance there wouldn't be so many heaps of poor people. It's a lot more complex than many idealistic views on the matter might suggest. A lot of catch 22's and a lot of things you take for granted if you've never had to live without it for a long period of time. Also the geography of where you live can greatly impact it. For example if you live in a very car-eccentric city, that can negatively impact how easily you can get around for job opportunities. Fact is in this economy there are more people seeking work than there are jobs. Someone who's young with little to no work experience and out of school doesn't have the advantages that many of you take for granted or don't even see that you have.

Anyways, my main two pieces of advice would be getting treatment, and not being afraid to ask other people for help. I don't know about in a city, but there is generally always someone who wants some kind of work done, even just an extra pair of hands. It may not always be easy to find, but just inquiring about trying to get some work can often result in people simply donating some cash to you. I find it helps to explain a tiny bit of your situation sometimes, but you gotta gauge which kind of person you are talking to. If you can go to any church you are comfortable with and become friends with some people there, it's always a good way to get some help. Some might have some work, some might buy you clothes and yet some might give you a few dollars for food. That's been my personal experience anyway.

There are also some programs that can help you with job seeking and job training, particulary if you are diagnosed with anything like you mentioned in an earlier topic. Those diagnosies can easily qualify you for help from vocational programs that are usually state run but required by the federal government. So even if you don't have any experience you can get some through those programs. They are designed for people in your kind of situation who want to be integrated into the workforce and be able to stay in the workforce.

For more short term though, really just presenting the best you can and following up and getting the interviewer to like you is often a good way to get something like a fastfood job. At least it's worked for me in the past a couple of times. Even if you find it hard to hold a job for more than 2 or 3 months, that's two or three months that you have some income.

But yes, stick with the treatment. It will really, really help. And again don't be afraid to ask for help. Becoming part of some community will make that a lot easier, hence why I suggested a church.

Edit: Also, if you need new clothes ever, Thrift stores are your friend. Pair of pants for a dollar? Heck ya. And never neglect food banks + food stamps. Your state might even have a cash assistance program you can apply for. You may not be living the most comfortably but you will survive with some comforts if you can manage it well enough. Also if you can find someone who likes you and you trust becoming or getting a roommate can greatly reduce expenses if they can find work or have some income. But be warned get the wrong one and they will just sit around all day doing nothing. Anyways I say this all with some experience myself. take at least some of it wiht a little bit of salt. Life is kind of random and unpredictable. So be adaptable and above all learn to enjoy the moment from time to time, least you get consumed worrying about tomorrow.

Last edited:

Burl

my main two pieces of advice would be getting treatment...
Let's not discount the allure, in a cash based consciousness, of a disability pension in lieu of working as an incentive for treatment for imaginary diagnoses.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
So I got the red tag on my door today and my water's been turned off, as well. What a lovely day. I can't get ahold of the landlord and haven't seen him since Friday. He said he'll call off having me put out if I paid him the court fees back. I have the money for it, but he hasn't been out here and isn't answering his phone. :/