• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think the world will end?

BruceDLimber

The world isn't going to end for billions more years, until the sun eventually expands!

And the "end of the world" thing from the Bible is in fact a mistranslation: the actual meaning is the "end of the Age," which IOV already took place around a century and a half ago!

Peace, :)

Bruce

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
According to the Yugas determined by wise Avatars(God Realized beings) the world goes in cycles of awakening and delusion. Swami Sri Yukteswargiri a wise Avatar said there are 4 different ages or Yugas. Each yuga lasts thousands of years. Some more than others.

Kali Yuga is the evil and darkest point of evolution in our planet for human consciousness. This lasted for thousands of years and was when medieval times and the dark ages were happening. The next age up and what we are in now is called Dwapara Yuga. The age of energy and atoms. Where we come to realize what energy and light is. Then we go into treta yuga or the silver age where God and good nature is more prominent in everyones lives. Seeking peace and harmony is the priority. Then finally Satya Yuga or the Golden age; where everyone lives in harmony and many are God realized. We can talk telepathically and divinity is expressed in it's fullest on this earth. This yuga is the longest but after thousands and thousands of years the earth will begin its descent back down through the yugas again.

We are currently in an upswing of enlightenment. This Earth is made for souls that still need awakening in God. In other words God will not allow this earth to end until it's served it's purpose for many souls. So no the earth will not end for millions if not billions of years. At least until the sun burns out.

Last edited:

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Although the science is sketchy, I would say it's entirely feasible for the Earth to be destroyed within the next 2000, or maybe even 1000, years. We don't know if our ancestors will have a penchant for megaengineering.

ellenjanuary

So the world is "going" to end at 6pm any thoughts on this?

I consider any lapse of consciousness "the end of I," if only for the nonce. I don't think the "world will end" in any real fashion without the utter collapse of the local universe - even if the sun should go nova, the songs of humanity have been cast among the stars on radio waves. And realists aside, the greatest aspect of "actual reality" is but memory. ;)