• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking About Super-Hero Movies....

Ralph C.

This is the....end.
"Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2" are two movies that did very well with action, good characterization, special effects, plot and emotion. They were able to make a big-budget action movie that wasn't shallow and had the essence of the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character right, in my opinion. They were able to walk the tightrope in those two films-- why can't they all do that?

cardero

Citizen Mod
"Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2" are two movies that did very well with action, good characterization, special effects, plot and emotion. They were able to make a big-budget action movie that wasn't shallow and had the essence of the Peter Parker/Spider-Man character right, in my opinion. They were able to walk the tightrope in those two films-- why can't they all do that?
In one word: direction.
Sam Raimi was not only a fan of the source material but is also a very practical and influential director.

cardero

Citizen Mod
While we are thinking about Super Hero movies, it seems that Marvel studios seems to be setting the benchmark on quality and keeping their films faithful and close to the source material. DC comic movies just seem to disappoint. During the 80's DC dominated the film industry, now it seems to be Marvel's time to shine.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Some can. I think the recent Hulk did it well. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight did it, even though I know you disagree. Several others have done it, too.

While we are thinking about Super Hero movies, it seems that Marvel studios seems to be setting the benchmark on quality and keeping their films faithful and close to the source material. DC comic movies just seem to disappoint. During the 80's DC dominated the film industry, now it seems to be Marvel's time to shine.

Marvel has been doing well, but with the new Batman franchise, DC's doing pretty well itself. The Batman movies have done well with quality and keeping faithful to the source material. Neither movie has been an exact story we've seen in the comics, but they both could have been. Marvel is obviously winning the battle right now with all of the huge hits they've had this decade, but as far as quality goes, I'd say DC is right up there with them. Remember, Marvel did make the Fantastic Four movies along with Ghost Rider, Daredevil and Elektra among others. They've been far from perfect, too.

Also, I think, even though Marvel has had so many huge hits lately, The Dark Knight becoming the second highest grossing movie of all-time keeps them in a very good position.