• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is unAmerican!

http://youtu.be/rw3VpSls640

Police brutality is unAmerican! The police community is separated from American culture. The police have their own Facebook pages with their armies of authoritarian clones plus victim mocking, dehumanizing and jokes. There are still Americans who believe in the Second Amendment. What happens when they decided that they had enough?

I have a friend who was a 2nd Lt in the Army he told me that the police should be afraid of this
constitution.jpg

and this
photo.jpg

and especially this
happy_pics-72121_370x278.jpg

20121101-014526.jpg

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
VIDEO - South Carolina Police Beat Man in Walmart as Horrified Shoppers Beg Officers to Stop - YouTube

Police brutality is unAmerican! The police community is separated from American culture. The police have their own Facebook pages with their armies of authoritarian clones plus victim mocking, dehumanizing and jokes. There are still Americans who believe in the Second Amendment. What happens when they decided that they had enough?

I have a friend who was a 2nd Lt in the Army he told me that the police should be afraid of this
constitution.jpg

and this
photo.jpg

and especially this
happy_pics-72121_370x278.jpg

20121101-014526.jpg

Well, it certainly scares me. Maybe not for the same reasons as you meant, but scares me nonetheless.

Skwim

Veteran Member
[youtube]rw3VpSls640[/youtube]
I don't regard punching someone with a bare fist who's resisting arrest to be out of line, particularly after being tazed. The police had done all they could to get him under control and were resorting to uncommon measures in an uncommon situation. And, other than perhaps a few bruises, I highly doubt he suffered any damage from the punches. In my opinion, he brought it all upon himself, and if it took a few punches to subdue him, so be it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Police brutality is the exception, not the rule.

It's an exception that's too common, sure, and definitely something that needs open discussion to find a solution, but an exception nonetheless.

Making judgments about an entire career based on media reports is a bad idea. The media is known for skewing the facts to make it more interesting, so that more people will watch.

And no, the police should not be afraid of us. If they're afraid of us, they'll be more likely to see threats where there are none, and try to defend themselves. Just like any of us would.

Police brutality is the exception, not the rule.

It's an exception that's too common, sure, and definitely something that needs open discussion to find a solution, but an exception nonetheless.

Making judgments about an entire career based on media reports is a bad idea. The media is known for skewing the facts to make it more interesting, so that more people will watch.

And no, the police should not be afraid of us. If they're afraid of us, they'll be more likely to see threats where there are none, and try to defend themselves. Just like any of us would.

Well the people who identify as Constitutionalists say that the government should be afraid of its citizens.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well the people who identify as Constitutionalists say that the government should be afraid of its citizens.

Neither one "should" be afraid of the other, far as I'm concerned. If either one is afraid of the other, then both will be afraid of each other, and will be enemies rather than allies. Conflict of some sort becomes inevitable.

All things being equal, the people take priority over the government, sure. The current US government is basically little more than a mafia with bigger guns, sure. But it's not that they "should" fear the people; they already do almost certainly. And with that fear, comes the desire to defend themselves.

Not exactly an ideal situation.